• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Analogue Clocks

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I don't wear a watch, I cannot remember the last time I did because I have a watch of most bits of tech that I own. Things in the world of tech have changed and yet the wish for and demand for clocks with proper faces and proper dials as oppose to digital watches sill goes on and if anything they sell better if my experience of people with watches on is anything to go by. I am not sure if it is a style thing of that digital watches are seen for people who can't read time properly but it seems odd that in the advancements that have been made this is the case.

Do you wear an analogue or a digital watch? Do you prefer one over the other? Do you have a analogue clock in your home? Do you think they are just better?

Elanor

Registered Member
I prefer digital. But I think that is because I may of gotten lazy when it comes to analogue. At work we have proper clocks, and sometimes it can take me a few seconds longer than it should to work the time out.

I don't wear a watch at the moment, but if I did it would be digital. If I need to know the time I look at my phone.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Only digital clocks, save for a clock I made (well, the wooden part of it, at least) back in a mandatory middle school woodshop class. It's shaped like an hourglass, and pretty cool if non-functioning and not exactly perfectly proportioned. Not all clocks can be Big Ben, y'know.

I don't wear a watch. Like folks have said-- everything's got a clock nowadays. Now if I could get a watch that would let me make phone calls, that would be pretty cool.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I have one digital clock and that is my bedside alarm. I have two wall clocks and a watch (diving watch) all analog. I think digital watches are tacky.

dDave

V.I.P.
I only use digital clocks, I have them placed around the house in places such as by my bed or by the TV.

My mom loves old clocks, she just really likes how they look antique I guess. I don't really much care for them, I think they're sort of annoying (mainly because they take up so much space). I really don't like hearing that incessant ticking sound. I have really good hearing so even during a fairly loud movie or listening to music I can just hear them. I didn't tell anybody, but I went around the house and shut all of them off. :D (been 6 months and nobody has noticed)

I wouldn't mind having a grandfather clock, but generally I don't much care for old style clocks.

I don't wear a watch, but if I did it would be analog.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I rarely wear a watch but when I do I prefer analog. I think they are prettier. Except for the alarm clock on my night stand all the clocks in my house are analog. At night when I go to sleep I can hear the one in the bathroom ticking. I like that sound. I also like having a second hand, so a analog clock must have a second hand or I don't want it.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
For a watch or a wall clock, I definitely prefer analogue. I'm not a fan of having a digital clock on the wall, it just screams 'TECHNOLOGY WORLD GOING FAST!' I don't abhor technology, I just don't want to flaunt it in everyone who come's over's face. However, for my bedroom alarm clock, or any electronic device, I prefer the digital readout. Also its easier to read a digital clock in the dark lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 2
Hilander General Discussion 7
Smelnick General Discussion 21
sunrise General Discussion 13
sunrise Bathroom Wall 11