An Armed world ?

Do you think that the world would know peace if every person owned a side arm ?

I see you think what is true for the individual is true for all .. that the more alike we are the more we will get on better .. do you think humans are ants ?

L

LS1nut

I see you think what is true for the individual is true for all .. that the more alike we are the more we will get on better .. do you think humans are ants ?

I simply think the link I posted has some merrit to it. I never said anything about anyone being an ant.

how about those that want everyones guns to be taken from them? do those people think what is true for one is true for all?

L

LS1nut

I know that a home that is without a firearm is a home that is safer than a home with one ..

no, you THINK that. you dont know it. you look foolish when you make sweeping broad gerneralizations like that. you must take many things into account before making such a statement.

ask the folks in that town what they think?
ask the students at VT what they think?

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
Well, as I've stated before I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but if Merc believes a home without a gun is a safer home there is merit to that just as the there is to the counter argument.

Sure with a gun you could fend off an intruder much easier then without one.
Then again, nothing says I'm concerned with my family's saftey like some crossfire.

Its a double edged sword really and I think the answer as to what level of protection a household really needs is up to the individuals.

The other day I almost bought a gun for my place, after a few blocks over some folks got themselves killed, then I had a mental image of my 18 year old brother trying to sneak in my house like a ninja and me blowing his head off. Thats when I decided my baseball bat and good lock set was enough for me.

L

LS1nut

Can you tell me how the ownership of a firearm makes you safer than not owning one ?

depends on the situation.

just as if I ask you....."can you tell me how not owning a firearm makes me safer than if I owned one"

it would depend on the situation.

I don't think it takes much thought to ascertain that a place without a gun is safer than a place with one ..

the issue here is with security in your own home .. & I don't see any way that widespread ownership of firearms will ease this ..

the essence of crime is easy options .. you don't want armed criminals .. don't make it so easy to acquire a firearm ..