• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

AMV Rating Thread

• Thread starter kajin_phoenixlord
  • Start date
K

kajin_phoenixlord

I thought I might as well put this thread up. Here you can get your AMV reviewed. Anyone can just post a review of any AMV they have watched. The videos you want to review will be graded like this:

Code:
[b]Title[/b] - 
[b]Creator[/b] - 
[b]Originality[/b] - #/10 
[b]Capture[/b] - #/10 
[b]Sound[/b] - #/10 
[b]Editing[/b] - #/10 
[b]Effort[/b] - #/10 
[b]Reviewability[/b] - #/10 
[b]Overall[/b] - #/10 
[b]Comments[/b] -
Simple, isn't it? Let's all have fun with this one.

G

Glory_Questor

Title - The Purpose of Persocoms
Creator - The Wired Knight
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 9/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 9/10
Reviewability - 10/10
Overall - 9/10

Comments - This is the funniest (and one of the best) Chobits MVs I've ever seen. 

The soundtrack is perfect for the anime choice, the arrangement is done very well, and the scenes were well-chosen. 

It must be seen to be believed ... and laughed at. :D

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Title - Majin Vegeta's Lucky
Creator - p2njJJ
Originality - 7/10
Capture - 7/10
Sound - 8/10
Editing - 7/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 7/10
Comments - This was a cool video to watch. I like how you kinda made the whole situation funny to match the clips with the lyrics. It kinda felt a bit unbalanced because of the switch from funny in the first half and then serious again in the last half. Other than that it was pretty cool.

Title - Memories: A Love Across Time
Creator - Cytherea
Originality - 10/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 9/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - This was a very good video. The is the best Tidus and Yuna tribute I've seen by far. It wasn't anything over the top is was just like a gentle bliss. The clips you used were dead on and matched flawlessly with the piano solo. I also like to give you props on your intro. Pretty tight. Keep it up.

Title - Hellsing: The Final Cut
Creator - Delirium Trigger
Originality - 8/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 9/10
Editing - 4/10
Effort - 3/10
Reviewability - 3/10
Overall - 4/10
Comments - The music choice fit really well Hellsing. I see you tried to keep the dark and grim feel of the video. Sadly, the rest of the video wasn't as enthusiastic. You didn't do very much editing. You just let one whole scene play through. It's just like one scene with music playing instead of dialogue which mad e me lose interest real quick.

Title - Akira Trigger
Creator - Delirium Trigger
Originality - 8/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 9/10
Editing - 7/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 7/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - The execution of this was pretty good. You did a bit more editing in this video which shows you put more effort into it. Once again the music choice was really good and fit well with Akira. Nicely done.

Title - Inside (Eva) Renewal
Creator - Glory_Questor
Originality - 10/10
Capture - 9/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 9/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - Pretry awesome video GQ. I'm not suprised at all. The start was pretty cool how you match the scenes with the string instruments playing. The mood was consistent with the music which I commend you on. Nice job.

Title - Sweet Dreams of Ai Amano
Creator - Glory_Questor
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 9/10
Editing - 7/10
Effort - 9/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - I see you had your hands full with this video, GQ. I undestand. Lip syncing is the most tedious thing about making video. I know from experience. You did a pretty good job considering the circumstances. Also that was pretty slick how made the frequencies screw up with the girl. Pretty clever.

Title - A Most Peculiar Kaoru
Creator - Glory_Questor
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 10/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 8/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - This was a different kind of video. It was pretty good. It's one of those videos that's simple, but effective.

Title - In Soul Society
Creator - Maddrive
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 9/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 10/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - This is something that I can definitely keep watching. I really like the effects you used in this video. It really kept the pace face which made it awesome. The only thing that made it not perfect was the subtitles. The effects were good, but the subs were distracting. That's the only thing, but everything else was great. Nice work!

Title - One To Save Us All
Creator - SF3P0X1
Originality - 8/10
Capture - 7/10
Sound - 8/10
Editing - 7/10
Effort - 7/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 7/10
Comments - This was a decent video. It was pretty cool for the most part, but it kind of falls in line with every other videos I've seen with rock music. You had good scene placement though which made it cool.

S

SF3P0X1

Title - Mai Likes 2 Party All The Time
Creator - kajin_phoenixlord
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 8/10
Editing - 8/10
Effort - 9/10
Reviewability - 7/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - This is directly from AMV where I posted the review the first time. I raised the Re-view score a bit. Certainly one of the more creative pieces I've seen, and kajin, you certainly have a knack for taking crappy video footage and making it work.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Title - Corrupted Love
Creator - Malificus
Originality - 8/10
Capture - 7/10
Sound - 7/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - This was a very good FLCL video. The scene placement was really dead on with the music. Nothing seemed random and everything fit perfectly. I can tell that you really put some work into this video. Nice job.

P

p2njJJ

Title - Taking Out the Teen Titans
Creator - kajin_phoenixlord
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 8/10
Editing - 8/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - the first teen titan AMV i ever saw and I loved it! funny, fun to watch, very original.

K

kajin_phoenixlord

Title - A Lucky Feeling
Creator - acidmix
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 8/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 8/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - This is pretty good for your first video. Not bad at all. It's been a while since I seen someone use the Tekken anime. You actually did it some justice. lol Overall, you did pretty well. Keep it up.

Title - Staring at the N1 Grand Prix
Creator - OMEGA
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 10/10
Editing - 10/10
Effort - 9/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - Very nice tribute to Megaman NT Warrior. One thing that really shined in this video was the editing. You really made sure it was dead on target. Nice work with that. I wan't a big fan of this show, but it makes me want to give it another chance. lol Nice work.

Title - Everytime
Creator - carbuncle776
Originality - 10/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 8/10
Editing - 9/10
Effort - 10/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 9/10
Comments - Now this is what I look for in an AMV. Everything felt just right which is rare for first attempts. The clip syncing with the lyrics was really good. I must say that this is the best Sailor Moon video I've seen in a long time.

Title - Sailor Moon's Miracle ^_^
Creator - carbuncle776
Originality - 9/10
Capture - 8/10
Sound - 9/10
Editing - 8/10
Effort - 8/10
Reviewability - 9/10
Overall - 8/10
Comments - You got another good one. There's no suprise about that.Personally, I like how you started it with the humor. I would've like to have seen that play out through the rest of the video. Other than that it still was  a good video. I still your first one still tops this one though. You did a good job. Keep it up.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fractal Anime 0
Shikimi_Farkash Anime 0
Schala Anime 0
Hanzo_Hattori Anime 2
K Anime 0