• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Amusement Parks

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I know we're mostly all adults here but as a kid/teenager did you enjoy going to amusement/water parks? If so what was your favourite rides

TORHABSFAN

I loved Wonderland as a kid.

My favourite ride was Skyrider It is a stand up roller coaster the has a loop.
Also liked Top Gun similar but your feet are hanging and its faster

as for water slides.
I really enjoyed one at wild water kingdom. It was something like 7 stories and nearly a 90 degree free fall drop.. probably 78 degrees or something like that but I remeber my back coming off the slide and it feeling like a complete free fall.

TORHABSFAN

willge87 said:
I used to go to Wonderland quite a bit, but haven't been since '99. I always liked The Bat and the Dragon Fire.

like those too its been a few years since I have been there as well. I went when they opened bohemoth but they wouldn't let me on because my legs where too big for the seat to lock.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm more of a waterslide kind of guy rather than a roller coaster guy. I used to go to Disney World somewhat frequently when I was a kid. I went to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, but I have to say that I liked Typhoon Lagoon more (which surprised me, cause I really wanted to like Blizzard Beach more).

Cedar Point in Ohio has a nice waterpark section of the park as well.

willge87

Registered Member
I went to Universal Studios in Burbank last year and I really enjoyed it. The studio tour that takes about an hour is pretty neat. The Simpsons ride is also fun!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a person that enjoys rides to be honest. When I usually go to amusement parks it's with a group of friends and most of us find the local saloon or bar and we drink beer.

That said, I'll do a few here and there, but no big roller coasters.

Personally, never was a fan of a Wonderland, but love La Ronde in Montreal.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
It is always fun but I can never really go rollar coasters because I'm scared of heights. Lol. I dont go on too many. I have been to HersheyPark and Six Flags before. Both are close to here.

TORHABSFAN

knickstape2107 said:
It is always fun but I can never really go rollar coasters because I'm scared of heights. Lol. I dont go on too many. I have been to HersheyPark and Six Flags before. Both are close to here.
only way to defeat that fear is to push it to it's limits. if you are ever in Toronto take a walk on the glass floor of the CN Tower observation deck. That should do it. Maybe bring a change of underware and pants just in case.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
TORHABSFAN said:
knickstape2107 said:
only way to defeat that fear is to push it to it's limits. if you are ever in Toronto take a walk on the glass floor of the CN Tower observation deck. That should do it. Maybe bring a change of underware and pants just in case.
I've walked on the glass floor at the CN Tower but I still won't go on roller coasters. I guess I'm always afraid that the ride is gonna get stuck while I'm upside down or something :lol: