Amherst, MA to House Guantanamo Bay Inmates

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Merc, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

So what do you think? If this was in your town, would you be upset, worried, happy, anything?

Personally, from what I can find, these two were detained with no good reason (like a lot of GB suspects) so I don't think I'd be worried in the slightest if a city in our country offered them a place to live. Neither men can return to their respective country out of fear of factional or governmental response to their presence.

I'm not 100% happy with it, but this country has prided itself on offering refugees safe haven for a long time now and since GB is our mess, we should start to right the situation. Closing the prison only does so much.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm not in favor so much for shutting down Gitmo as I am for figuring out somehow who these detainees are and should they be let go or tried and prosecuted.

I do agree with you that I wouldn't be 100% happy with it if it were my hometown, but we do need to start making the situation right.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Never was a fan of the Guantanamo Bay prison to begin with and I opted for putting them in a maximum security prison in the middle of nowhere as well. But I guess this is a decent alternative as well.