• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

AmeriGroup Stock

leopard22

Registered Member
Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

AMERIGROUP CORP. (AGP)
Raised 2006 earnings of $1.45 to $1.55 a share from a
prior estimate of 70 cents to 85 cents. Reported
first-quarter earnings of 71 cents a share on revenue
of $673.9 million.
Thursday Close: $21.96
Net Change: Up 44 cents
% Change: 2%
Volume: 634,200 Shares

I don't have anything in them at this point, but without even looking into the company, this looks like something that could be a good little money-maker. I'll look more into the company and see what I can come up with, but if anyone has money in these guys already, what kind of longer term performance have you seen?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have any money in [SYMBOL]AGP[/SYMBOL], but I've just added it to my watch list portfolio on Yahoo. I will definitely keep an eye on it now and see what it does. :)

leopard22

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I don't have any money in [SYMBOL]AGP[/SYMBOL], but I've just added it to my watch list portfolio on Yahoo. I will definitely keep an eye on it now and see what it does. :)
I get half if you make money on it, Andrew :cool: :)

Got some info on them. They look like they used to do Medicare and now are taking a more friendly approach, like they really care about the people on Medicare that they are getting a cut off of. They handle almost exclusively low-income people who are eligible for Medicare, but are using the health-maintenance approach. Claim to have cut premature births to half what a comparable group who isn't on their plan have. Interesting ... look like a health insurance group that caters to nice middle class white folk, but really target low income minorities. I don't mean to sound cynical - they actually seem to be pulling it off and if they are doing what they say they want to, guess it's a good thing and will certainly be a money-maker for the company.

So better keep half of that income in something solid for me, Andrew :lol: