America's 100 Most Important Sports Venues

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Major, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

ESPN Page 2 - Caple: America's 100 most important sports venues

Do you agree or disagree with the list? Anything left out that you think should have been included?

I think the Astrodome is way too high. Safeco Field should have been on there somewhere. Nice to see Ohio Stadium in the top 30 and a lot of other college venues represented.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree, I'm glad to see the college sports venues up there. Goes to show how important the grass roots really are.

I probably would have put MSG above Camden Yards any day, especially considering they are booked 99% of the year. Also I love how ESPN Headquarters made #10... lol a little biased much? Especially since I'd never heard of it 'till this list.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Of course Yankee Stadium is number one. If it wasn't being torn down, it wouldn't have been number one. It's just a chance for ESPN to sample the taste of Steinbrenner's nether-regions.
    ------
    Are you fucking serious? They rated ESPN headquarters higher than Fenway? I wasn't expecting Fenway to be high up there (it's actually number 11, right behind ESPN Headquarters) but are you serious?

This list is a joke. ESPN headquarters? I didn't know they specialized in self-pleasure.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off Yankee Stadium would be up there even if it wasn't closing, the history of that venue is just outstanding, there's no doubt that it belongs on the top.

What really surprised me was number 2, I didn't expect Camden Yards to be so high.

I also expected Lambeau Field to be a little higher.

5. Merc

Yankee stadium is definitely not number 1. I'm telling you, it's only there because it's closing and they wanted to suck up to the Yanks a bit.

6. Babe_Ruth

What is number one then in your opinion.

There's nothing that compares to Yankee Stadium in my opinion. Just think of the history of that stadium, the players that walk through the hallways on a daily basis. The boxing matches they had.

7. Major

I agree, ESPN headquarters being anywhere on the list, not to mention in the top 10, is a complete joke.

I have no problem with Yankee Stadium being #1, but I think MSG is overrated.

8. Babe_Ruth

Yeah forgot to comment about ESPN headquarters, it doesn't make sense that it's in the top 10. It shouldn't even be in the top 50, and like Cons said it makes no sense that it's higher then Fenway Park.

I also would of love it if it's North America's most important sporting venues, I would love to see where the Forum would of landed.

9. Merc

I was actually going to say something like MSG seems more deserving. Yankee stadium has its history, but it just doesn't pop into my mind in terms of being the most important sports venue of all time. It has nothing to do with bias either, I know the names that have walked in and out of Yankee stadium, but it just not seem like #1.

10. Major

It just seems like the only thing MSG has going for it is its location. If it weren't in Manhattan would anyone care?