• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Americans are stupid (passing Obamacare)

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's what the key architect of Obamacare had to say about the law and passage.

Obamacare Architect: We Passed the Law Thanks to the

If this doesn't confirm that Obamacare is a bad thing then you trust the government too much. This is video evidence of them admitting they weren't transparent on purpose and they knew Americans wouldn't like the law if they knew what was in it.

They don't mention this in the video but I think this gives new meaning to Nancy Pelosi's famous comments on passing the law to see what's in it.

Here's what Megyn Kelly and Marc Thiessen have to say about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7lc5-iDZ0

They even lied to the Congressional Budget Office.

These people deserve to be in prison. This law is an abysmal failure that is a huge part of bankrupting our country. The whole thing is a lie and they knew it from the beginning. What does that say about the people in charge of our country?

This is disgusting.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This once again makes me pleased to have the NHS, say what you want about it but given the choice of UK vs US health care? I would take the UK option every single time and sadly this just backs up my opinion of how messed up the medical care is in the states.

I find it interesting that someone who designed this to begin with is now saying how much of a sham it is, so he put it together (or at the very least helped) and then rather than walking away or trying to do anything about stuck around and then states how bad the system was/is. Also? Why is this footage from a year ago? Where has this been hiding? Why has it only just come to light?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm all for a national health care for American citizens and people here legally. I don't think anyone should have to lay at home and suffer because they are the working poor which is what happens now. Except for the few states that extended medicaid to the working poor. Maybe Obamacare is messed up and isn't the answer but we need something.

Medical care shouldn't be just for the well off or people on welfare. You shouldn't have to worry that you don't make enough to actually use your insurance either when you need to.

Passing a law when you don't know what is in it is stupid. I thought they would have learned their lesson on that with the Patriot Act.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Actually they knew exactly what they were passing when they passed the Patriot Act. The problem with that is the abuse each administration has done with the powers the Patriot Act gives, rather than it not being transparent.

These kinds of lies and manipulation are unconscionable and impeachment worthy, in my opinion. No offense but this is exactly why I don't want the government running my healthcare. Yes reforms are needed. Yes something needed to be done. This was by far the worst reaction to a problem we had. A problem blown out of proportion, but a problem nonetheless.

I agree, it hinged on the stupidity of the American voter. He was just being honest and speaking the truth.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
While I would not go so far as to say the Canadian health care system is perfect, the Canadian Health Care model is a very good one. The UK model is good too but it's integration of private health provision is not something that Canadian politicians could be trusted to implement without us going the way of the US. The problem started for the US when they allowed private health care providers and health insurance companies to be one in the same. It's an egregious and flagrant conflict of interest that should never have been allowed and now the US is going to suffer the long term consequences for this decision. Any and all bills related to health care presented forever more in the US are going to inevitably be shams. The insurance companies rule the health care system and thanks to the past "stupidity of the American voter" ALWAYS WILL.

- Cham

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
That's not factually correct. The problem started when the government began interfering in healthcare which drove up costs. This "conflict of interest" argument is one I've read before, but it has no basis in truth.

I also find the comparison of different "systems" if you will to be logically fallacious. Each country has different factors that play into the stats, as well as different market economies that reward innovation. It's easy for say Cuba to say "look, OUR system works" when 1) they don't have to deal with illegal immigrants entering their country by the millions needing immediate and emergency healthcare and the costs pushed onto someone else; 2) nobody in that country invents or improves or advances the healthcare of the world.

Again, I couldn't care less what other systems there are and whether people like them or not. I prefer to live in a system where doctors and hospitals and pharm companies are rewarded for work, innovation and inventiveness.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I could (and probably have) give 100 examples of how the Democrat Party assumes their voters are stupid. I'm not saying the Republicans don't think voters are stupid, they probably do, but really its practically a pillar of the Democrat Party that Americans are such morons we could never self govern ourselves.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Actually they knew exactly what they were passing when they passed the Patriot Act. The problem with that is the abuse each administration has done with the powers the Patriot Act gives, rather than it not being transparent.

These kinds of lies and manipulation are unconscionable and impeachment worthy, in my opinion. No offense but this is exactly why I don't want the government running my healthcare. Yes reforms are needed. Yes something needed to be done. This was by far the worst reaction to a problem we had. A problem blown out of proportion, but a problem nonetheless.

I agree, it hinged on the stupidity of the American voter. He was just being honest and speaking the truth.
How could they know what was in the Patriot Act when most didn't read it. They just voted for it. Seems to be a problem with our politicians.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yes they did read it. The Patriot Act wasn't a 2000 page document that was very ambiguous.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Whether or not you agree that it is valid to compare different national health care strategies, and even taking into account the exorbitant costs to the country of other ill conceived policies such as those related to immigration, the basic fact that both the American Health Care System and the American Currency are owned and operated by private enterprise cannot be held blameless when considering the situation the country is now in as it relates to Health Care and the Economic state of the country.

- Cham