• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

American view about Russia (not only political)

soot

Registered Member
It was actually the fault of the Japanese that the Germans lost WWII, not Hitler's. If Hitler had had more unhindered time to invade Britain, he would have been able to succeed in winning the war. Without Britain, The US would not have had a foothold in Europe. If the US had been delayed even a year from entering the war, Hitler would have fully secured his iron grip on the whole of Europe. But we kind of forced the Japanese to attack us...

But to the point of this thread, I think some Americans do have very biased opinions on Russia, but most are neutral like myself. Not paying all that much attention when nothing that affects us is happening.
The Japanese had nothing to do with Hitler invading Russia, and that decission lost him the war.

Even without American involvment (other than our lend/lease aid to Russia & the UK) Germany would have fallen to the Soviet Union by 1946, '47 at the latest.

Hitlers decission to invade Russia once he saw that Sealion wasn't panning out in September of '40 was probably the single worst decision he made during the war. But he wanted his people to love and support him and it just wouldn't do to have a huge standing army sitting around doing nothing, so he set his sights on Russia, whose Slavic people he hated with a vengance and whose land and resources he had long lusted after.

The British were a nuisance to Hitler. He was fighting them because they had declared war on him, and naturally he wanted to win that war. But if the British had offered him peace he would have taken it. Britain offered very little in the way of lebensraum and resources. Additionally, Hitler considered the British people to be of Aryan stock, far different from the untermensch of Russia.

Without a Western Front Hitler would have been able to give the Russians a little bit more of a fight, but it ultimately would have come down to a battle of attrition (much as it did) and the Russians simply had more men to throw into the fight.

At best Hitler could (maybe) have taken Britain, but he never would have taken Russia. This is assuming that the American Army Air Force wasn't steadily bombing the shit out of German manufacturing, which it was and which would have continued to have done under any but these completly hypothetical circumstances.

CMK_Eagle

Registered Member
Without a Western Front Hitler would have been able to give the Russians a little bit more of a fight, but it ultimately would have come down to a battle of attrition (much as it did) and the Russians simply had more men to throw into the fight.
That's not entirely true. Hitler's mistake was assuming that he could convince Japan to also declare war on Russia. However, the Japanese never considered themselves subordinate to Germany, and weren't about to start a war they felt was against their interests.

After the Japanese defeat at Khalkhin Gol the political advantage shifted to the Navy, which preferred to fight a sea war with the US to a land war with Russia in which it would have little part. Had Japan declared war on the Soviet Union, Stalin wouldn't have been able to withdraw the Red Army from Siberia in September, 1941, and Moscow would have fallen in early 1942. Perhaps Germany would never have been able to completely conquer Russia, but with Japanese assistance, and without the US entry into the war, it probably could have taken the land to the West of the Urals.

Mad_Michael

Registered Member
Yeasterday Russians voted for parliament, but americans politicmen didn't accept the correctness of this voteing. why? it's politic, I understand. what you think about Russians and Russia?
I'm wasn't born n Russia, but I'm Russian. You know, it's like Irish, who didn't born in Ireland, but celebrate St. Patrick's. I know some American thinking: all Russians men are drinking, all Russians women are b*tchs. and a lot of bears on Moscow' street. Many Americans thinking all Russians are Russian mafia. What is this? propaganda (popularization), the politic struggle for power or cliché? what you think about Russians? you think Russia became democratic country or communistic jail?
Wow. Is this satire?