• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

American skating insiders question Sochi judging

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/co ... d/5643143/

One of the nine judges who picked a young Russian skater over two more refined competitors for the Olympic gold medal Thursday night was suspended for a year for trying to fix an event at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano.

And another is the wife of the president of the Russian figure skating federation.
You'd think a judge being caught on tape trying to fix a competition would result in a lifetime ban. But what do I know.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
You'd think he'd definitely get a lifetime ban from judging in the Olympics again at least. It seems like everyone is questioning the judging this year, even moreso than in prior years.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Before the skating events even began, there was a report that the Americans and Russians were working a fix. When the scores started to come in, and the teams/skaters who were supposed to be favoured based on these fixes started breaking record scores... the controversy heated up.

Is there a fix? Was there a fix? I don't know. It just doesn't look good.