American Money

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Okay, so this morning my American money came through which I had exchanged. I got £400 worth which was about $780.

This is the first time I've seen your money and it looks quite weird.

Your $50 and $1 bills are same size whereas our £5 and £50 are of a completely different proportion, what's the deal with that?. Also it smells funny!!

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It smells funny? I would have guess it all spelled similar. I'll have to get my hands on some pounds and see what they smell like.

All of our money is the same size. I like it that way because it's easy to stack. One benefit of having different sizes would be that it makes it easier to not accidentally use the wrong one if you are in a hurry.

Guess we are stuck with how ours is set up though. I highly doubt anybody will be changing it anytime soon.

Didn't you ever see American money in movies?

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I love the smell of new money.

So if your bills are in different sizes, does your wallet have to be pretty big or is it not that big a difference?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Not that big a difference really. The largest (£50) can easily fit into a standard wallet. The sizes simply make it easier to pick out the denomination you need.

The official reason for why they're that way is beyond me, however.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Actually, I don't find large bills strange anymore. I'm pretty sure Japanese and Taiwanese money is short and fat. I want to go to a country where the bills are smaller than that of the US, seeing as how almost everyone has bigger bills.