• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

American Killed by Chinese Man at Olympic Games

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
A crazed person attacked, stabbed, and killed the father-in-law of a U.S. Olympic coach and seriously wounded the mans wife and Chinese tour guide. He then killed himself:

American killed at Games was coach's father-in-law - CNN.com

Definitely a tragedy. I hope this is the only incident like this at the Olympics.

My heart goes out to the family.

Hiei

The Hierophant
What's weird is that I had a feeling that people were going to die during this olympics.

But still, crazy fucking chinaman.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Cultural differences are obviously obscuring our perspective here. In Beijing, that is just how you say "hello America, and welcome to our country."

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Tragic indeed. I saw it on the news this morning, together with other not so fun news happening in China. I sure hope it's not just a beginning of a crazy series.

viLky

ykLiv
Cultural differences are obviously obscuring our perspective here. In Beijing, that is just how you say "hello America, and welcome to our country."
lol

Such a terrible thing to happen during this special time. I hope it doesn't cast a shadow on the games or China for that matter.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
There was already a shadow cast over China. Many people didn't believe that China should host the olympic games, this definatly doesn't help china out. Even though it's the action of one person, it unfortunatly, speaks for the entire nation.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
The Beijing olympics has the potential to be a huge disaster.

I just hope this is the last trouble we have.

BarneyL

Registered Member
Agreed, Emo-Boy - as Harrison Ford is known to utter in a flick or two, 'I've got a bad feeling about this....';-/

Last edited:

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Good to hear that the killing wasn't anti-American motivated, but it's still awful that someone had to go off on someone on opening day.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I wonder if we'll ever be able to turn on the TV or open a newspaper without hearing about something as horrible as this. Nobody's safe.