American Idol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Does anyone else here get into this show? I always thought it sounded stupid, but started watching this season and have to say it is a very good show. I haven't watched the last 4 or so episodes, but I've been meaning to catch it again soon.

I figure if it's the #1 show in America, there has to be a reason, and from what I've seen so far that reason is just the fact that people like feeling nervous for others. It's a reality show, but it's also one major audition.

Anyone else seen this or follow it?

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

If all you've watched were the prelims, thats the best part... why, because they make fun of alot of people and show people going off....

Those things dont happen in the later rounds, Simon might rip a contestant if they really sucked, but thats about the extent of it.

I havent watched a single one since 2 years ago. well thats not true, I havent watched the true show, I always seem to catch some of the screwups, be it through passing through a room, or on the internet.

I really stopped watching when people were going big for William Hung who cant sing even if his life was in danger... he certainly got more than his 15 minutes from AI

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My girls are very into it, they vote for their fav's every week. If I walk through and someone sounds good, I'll sit down and listen, otherwise I get the updates from them.

4. Mirage

I liked the initial part, but I also like watching the later rounds because some of the people are VERY good. It's cool to watch and wonder who will win.

5. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

I also only watched a few mins of the prelims. Makes me laff. But I simply can't stand "pop" music so I don't bother with the show.

6. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I have been getting into this show this year. I watched it off and on last year but wasn't really into it. This year I think there are a couple of real good ones though, so I have been following it. I don't bother to watch on thursday night though. It bores me just blah blah blah to get to the one that is voted off! LOL I catch it on the internet after the show is over. I watch Survivor instead :D

7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

even though they might be very good in there own right, but I find they always seem to RUIN the song they are singing, by what the judges want by makeing it there own.

If I heard a 'idol' sing it, I would rather listen to the orinigal than the abomination that they are putting on TV

8. Bunny_roses

you are right. Some of these people really ruin the song that they are trying to sing. I wonder what in the world they are doing on this show still and how they even made it this far! However there is one guy this year. I think his name is taylor hicks but I'm not sure :D he's the white haired guy! He hasn't ruined a song yet in my opinion LOL

9. Mirage

http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/

Just saw this. So far the people that I think are the best are still in the running. I haven't heard the guys sing recently, so I need to catch the next one to get an idea of how good they are.

10. Bunny_roses

Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, and Kellie Pickler are ALL really strong singers. I have no clue why Kevin Covais is still in this contest. I don't particularly care for bucky covington either. Lisa Tucker and Mandisa are both pretty good as well. It should be a pretty good contest.