• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV American Horror Story: Coven

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I loved the first two seasons of AHS and I've been looking forward to the new season so much, and last night I watched the first ep of season 3 which did not disappoint. Does anyone else watch this show?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I enjoyed the first season, but wasn't crazy about the second season. I would love to watch this season though with it being based in New Orleans. I saw the previews and trailers and that house is 2 blocks from where I lived. I think the New Orleans history and culture will be a character in it's own right.

Let me know how you like it as it goes on Cru.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I liked season 2, because I love anything set in mental asylums, especially older ones. But I feel it did get a bit messy sometimes.

I mean they had everything from WW2 holocaust references, frankenstein stuff, demon possession and even aliens! It was cool but I also felt it was just a bit too much sometimes. Like it was a bit messy because there was just so many different things going on

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
In theory I should have liked the asylum aspect of it as well, but it just wasn't as good to me as the first one. The whole house scenario was just a better and cleaner, or neater, storyline. I found the asylum series to be a bit all over the place. :-/

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I should have said that the spoiler above was for season 2, and my thoughts on that, not for season 3. But yeah I agree with you about the haunted house being cleaner, but I think I still might like the asylum part a bit more.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I do absolutely love the cover song of this series. That version of House of the Rising Sun is by far my favorite so far. Not sure how much of it they play in the series, but I will send you a video on FB of the song. Chills me to the bone.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I've seen the first season, the first couple of episodes from the second season, and I'm up to date with the third.

Coven is amazing. I absolutely loved the first season, but this one is just fantastic. I love the whole concept of this show and I look forward to the episodes each week - I'm so disappointed that we have to wait for more, haha.

Coven spoiler (current progress):
I was actually really surprised when the hunter (I can never remember his name) went into the voodoo tribe's lair and fucked up their world.

I hope Mme. Lalaurie has a change of heart and stops being such a racist haha, I really liked the interactions between her and Queenie.

One thing that bugs me slightly is that at the end of the episodes, they have that "next time on Coven" bit...it really feels like it gives away too much info.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man you should watch Asylum dude, it was amazing.

I'm worried about Queenie now, do you think she survived that?

Also, the 100% single BEST part of this show is Misty Day. She is amazing.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I like the few episodes that I've seen, but I'll probably finish Coven before watching anymore, it'll get too confusing if I watch both at once.

I do like Misty Day too haha! I like them all really. Delphine Lalaurie really makes me laugh. I'm interested to see where Tate's character goes (I can't ever remember their names, lol). A threeway with Violet and Madison, daaaamn, haha. Lucky bastard. ;) Well, apart from being all broken and stuff anyway. :hah:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh man, he was still like, part zombie in that threeway haha. That's kind of creepy.

Misty just brightens up the show, she's so amazing. I will be very upset if anything bad happened to her. She's like a ball of joy.

When Kyle broke her casette player that the played Fleetwood Mac on it was horrible. It was like kicking a puppy.