Movies American History X

padd

Registered Member
..yeah you've seen this movie.. you gotta admit, it's pretty tragic and hard to watch at times. lol As far as tragedic movies go this one is at the top. Very good movie though.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I thought it was an excellent movie that depicted a dark side of human nature to a serious level. It wasnt just a movie that toyed around with racial issues, it straight up grabbed the issues by the nap of the neck and made them its bitch.

Graphic, yes... but I feel thats what makes it what it is.
Explicit, you bet.... but thats why its so easy to take it serious.

Although not a movie for all.... American History X is one of my top ten movies all time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
American History X was a great movie, Edward Norton did a supperb job in that movie, at the beggining of the movie he was a bad ass racist and by the end of the movie he had change his view on so many things. IF you havent seen that movie I suggest you guys to watch it because it's worth seeing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love American History X. It is, without a doubt, my favorite movie of all time. You get to see the dynamic of the entire family and how they changed from the time of the father's death until the tragic ending. Ed Norton, Ed Furlong, Avery Brooks, and Beverly DeAngelo had amazing performances.

There is only one problem I have and it was a decision that altered the ending of the movie:
A scene was written but never shot in the movie. When Danny is killed at the end you can see Derek with his sleeves rollded up and holding him close. This was meant to show his tattoos that are normall covered since his return. The scene that was never filmed was Derek shaving his head and signifying his return due to his brother being killed in "gang violence."

I believe it would have added emphasis to the entire movie's premise and really would have made people think about the movie and the events surrounding Danny's death.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I love American History X. It is, without a doubt, my favorite movie of all time. You get to see the dynamic of the entire family and how they changed from the time of the father's death until the tragic ending. Ed Norton, Ed Furlong, Avery Brooks, and Beverly DeAngelo had amazing performances.

There is only one problem I have and it was a decision that altered the ending of the movie:
A scene was written but never shot in the movie. When Danny is killed at the end you can see Derek with his sleeves rollded up and holding him close. This was meant to show his tattoos that are normall covered since his return. The scene that was never filmed was Derek shaving his head and signifying his return due to his brother being killed in "gang violence."

I believe it would have added emphasis to the entire movie's premise and really would have made people think about the movie and the events surrounding Danny's death.
I'm not so sure about that ending.
I mean having him return to the way he was would mean that he'd technically learned nothing and all the events leading to it would be pointless. I think it has enough dramatic punch as it is, it shows the consequences of such hate.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Sorry this post has to be all in spoiler:

But the point would have been that though he may have changed, the rest of the world hasn't, and everyone needs to make the effort. Not just one side.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Sorry this post has to be all in spoiler:

But the point would have been that though he may have changed, the rest of the world hasn't, and everyone needs to make the effort. Not just one side.
That is a fair point, I hadn't thought of it in that way. However
it would make me lose respect for Nortons character so I suppose it depends what your wanting from the movie.

I had to take a double take at some of the scenes. Explicit but one of those movies that just says "fuck you" to over dramatised bullshit and shows you the real grit and action.