• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

American Flag Banned?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The student council of a southern California university passed a bill that would ban the hanging of any national flag in the common area of student government offices, school officials said on Friday.

UC Irvine student council approves ban on all flags amid criticism
If the American Flag offends you so much maybe you should go to school in another country. I hope they veto this bill, its stupid.

Thoughts?

dDave

V.I.P.
I think it's absolutely absurd. If you're so offended by America then you need to just get out. Why not try reverse illegal immigration?

This whole anti-American attitude needs to stop. It's being presented under the guise of non-discriminatory policies and equality. In reality, it's offensive to most people, and is anti-American.

When you don't allow people to fly the flag of the country they're currently in, there's a problem.

Not surprised to see this one come out of California though. Freaking California....

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Oh say can you seeeeeeee?

... Nope, I can't.

Everything is hate speech, everything represents something to be offended about. No flags, no symbols, next thing you know they'll be banning the English language for the same reason. Nobody will be able to speak any language in fact because every culture has something dark in it's past that other cultures wouldn't want to be reminded of. We'll just all have to go around pointing and making a select few hand gestures to communicate. Texting would have to be done using just emoticons. :) -> :(

Seriously, I insist that languages be banned along with flags. Let's see how smart these University a$$holes are then. Banning the national flag. What a bunch of PC losers. That one way trip to Mars is looking more tantalizing by the day.

- Cham

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I find it offensive they even want to ban the American flag. I bet the people that find a ban offensive will far outnumber the ones that find it being there offensive. I feel so what if some finds it offensive, if you do then why are you here. Did anyone force you to live or go to school here.

Someone is going to always find something offensive and I'm tired of bending over backwards for these types. Tired of seeing people have to bow down to them. How do they live in today's world if you are so easily offended?

Hopefully this bill will be vetoed.

Yea I'm waiting for the day someone starts complaining speaking English is offensive.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Not surprised to see this one come out of California though. Freaking California....
This is not the first time you've made such a comment. This thing has nothing to do with California state legislature. It's a university student council proposal, and you have no idea whether the students on the council are even FROM California.

Regardless, I can see where they're coming from on some of their reasoning, but I would still not support such a thing. I do think that too much is being made of it though.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't see where they are coming from at all. The flag represents the country itself, not just one bad example you disagree with. I don't understand that reasoning, I wouldn't live in a country I find morally objectionable.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree CO, if you find the US so morally objectionable move. I wouldn't want to live someplace that frightened me. I really don't see their reasoning behind this as valid, the flag represents our country.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You guys say that as if you can just pack up your bags and move to a different country at will.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree you can't just pick up and move to a different country unless you aren't even from the US to begin with. If not why chose to live in a country when you can't stand to look at the flag.