• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Ambition

shelgarr

Registered Member
Where does it come from? Is it a sign of intelligence or is it a personality characteristic? Is it ego or is learning/doing their purpose? Are we born with it or is it taught? Why are some people more easily content than others? How come some people never seem to arrive?

Wade8813

Registered Member
Where does it come from? Is it a sign of intelligence or is it a personality characteristic? Is it ego or is learning/doing their purpose? Are we born with it or is it taught? Why are some people more easily content than others? How come some people never seem to arrive?
I'm fairly sure it's not related to intelligence. I know a lot of intelligent people who aren't particularly ambitious *cough*me*cough*.

I think people's reasons vary - sometimes they want a sense of accomplishment, sometimes they want to better themselves and others, sometimes it has to do with how they were raised.

Other than that, I don't really know.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Ambition is mostly born or developed through human's life.
It doesn't have to do with intelligence.

Different people have different ambition. Negative and positive.
The first is when they want to get better at something for spite and to show off what they can do. It's like more of a competition with someone else.

The second is to get better for themselves, to be hard on themselves and never be satisfied, in order to achieve their goals. It's more of a competition with their own self.

The first is mostly developed because of the circumstances, the second is mostly born.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Advice 1
Vidic15 General Discussion 10
Ilus_Unistus General Discussion 18
SithZombree Bathroom Wall 6