Amazing sports video for sports fans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've posted this a very long time ago, we've got a lot of sports fans since then, so I wanted to show them this great video.

Please tell me around how many atheletes you can name when you see there faces.

Also please tell me whats your favorite part of the clip.

I can name about 90% of the atheletes in this video.

The best parts of the clip is when I see Babe Ruth, and that Yzerman rocket at the beggining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHg0XKDAdxs

Enjoy.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008

2. ComicFitz

ComicFitz Registered Member

That was awesome, a lot of sports moments crammed in there in just 7 minutes

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

That's a great video. I recognize most of the players and moments.

Woody Hayes hitting a Clemson player (at 3:24 in the video) :shake:

One of my favorites is the Kordell Stewart hail mary to beat Michigan in '94 (at 1:46 in the video).

4. padd

padd Registered Member

not enough Canadiens footage.. come on, one of the oldest, most succesfull franchises and we got no clips of John Leclair's OT goals of '93. the only things I didn't really notice all that much were the very old basketball footage and random sports like skiing LOL.

favorite part was 3:58-4:03 & Theo Fleury celebration
    ------
    yzerman rocket was nice too

5. Major

I think the skiing clip was this...

YouTube - Herman Maier Nagano Crash

I remember watching that during the '98 Olympics.

6. Babe_Ruth

Yeah thats the skiing part Echoes.

Padd, they showed Montreal Canadiens winning the cup, I believe they show Sam Pollock drinking from the cup.

That Hail Mary from Stewart was awesome, but I always liked the Flutie one better.

The Woody Hayes incident is considered one of the worst things that a coach as ever done to another player.

Echoes what are your thoughts on the player where the band comes onto the field?

7. padd

padd Registered Member

I know, they even show Patrick Roy holding it.. but they don't show enough in game footage..

I've seen that play where the band comes on the field many times, it is one of the best plays of all time, this is a very good play as well, which I belive this video was missing.
    Starts @ 0:12 ends @ 0:48
    YouTube - 1984 Canada Cup Semifinal Canada vs. USSR

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  8. Major

Cal/Stanford, 1982. One of the greatest moments in college football history. I love that play, and I love the call by the commentator. Great stuff.

9. Babe_Ruth

Yeah I agree the commentators voice is amazing in that call, at the end you hear him scream so loud that he could barely talk.

Another thing that I really like, even though it was just for a few seconds is the picture of Jesse Owens. The man is a legend when it comes to track and field. Four Gold medals under an hour.