• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Amazing LEGO factory (robotics)

dDave

V.I.P.
I like facebook for the simple fact that I occasionally get awesome stuff on my news feed.

I've done some incredibly basic things with robotics and legos, I can't even fathom how difficult it would be to get this one to work.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153154959278747&fref=nf

Have you seen something like this before? Is this not awesome or what?

Last edited:

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Its amazing what you can do with Legos. But yeah I saw a similar Ball Factory model that was built using NXT but I dont think it had 17 modules like this one. But it did have some really cool mods. Instead of just carts on the tracks it had a whole train and a train station. But it was missing the flippers that tossed the balls at the hoop and it had 5-count gates on the big winding ball track so not as cool and the balls didnt roll as fast. And it used the older main module too.

This model totally does pwn! Well except I liked the train on the other one more.
zOOmg! I wonder what he could do with EV3! That Brick has more memory and can be controlled by smart devices.

dDave

V.I.P.
My brother actually studies robotics and mechanical engineering (he is far smarter than I am in this field). He writes the code and builds the hardware for robotics.

Depending on the project he will run a Raspberry Pi or a breadboard (a custom chip you can make yourself). Really cool to watch but making it just seems impossible.