• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Amazing Audio Books

Impaired

Registered Member
I got hooked on audio books when my youngest was little. We took a lot of trips in the car and on long drives, books on tapes work very well keeping her occupied.
(also, I hand my kids a stack of quarters when we left the house and took one back every time they asked "Are we there yet?")

As it turned out, a lot of the kids books are very well done. Lynn Reid Banks, who wrote "the Indian in the Cupboard" is a natural born story teller. So is the fellow who reads the Harry Potter books, Jim Dale. Anything they do is wonderful.

Really good audio books I have enjoyed:

Ready Player One
Everything Tim Dorsey does - his stories of Florida are great. The Serge Storms stuff cracks me up, despite being about a serial killer.
Heart Shaped Box
The BBC radio production of the Hobbit
I Claudius & Claudius the God
Harry the Poisonous Centipede (Lynn Reid Banks)

I'll look at my list later and post more. Please let me know any audio books you enjoyed.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The last audio book I listened to was Slumdog Millionaire. Never saw the movie but the book was really good.