Am I ugly....?

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by lil_red_riding_hood, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Most recently I have been told by a few people that I have a "strange face"... WTF? I mean, are you serious... These old people tell me over and over "you have a strange face". When I ask them what they mean, usually they don't say anything, they just shrug... So I asked one of my friends, and she starts piledriving me "...well, your nose is really big, and you lips are really big too....your ears are off center and one eye is bigger than the other..." and I'm like... WHORE. Next people are going to start telling me I have a strange body... Fkn great. IDK, I'm not fishing for compliments, but I thought I was pretty good looking, ya know... Not hot, but not "strange". So is my face strange or do I need to move somewhere else?... Oh yeah...I know this is an advice board, but Hoosier has given me some good advice before, so IDK...Shoot.

2. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Maybe you live with a bunch of assholes? I donno. If you have a girlfriend and you're happy with her, then it doesn't matter. You've already found your mate for now, and you only need to impress her.

As for them, who knows. They can have their own opinions. Maybe they don't mean "ugly." I know plenty of people who could fit under the catagory of..."weird-looking," but they don't look ugly. Now, they aren't the most gorgeous things ever (but that's my opinion), but they are pretty. Or maybe that's just to me? I am one of those idiots who thinks that everyone looks pretty. My friends know not to ask me if their clothes look alright or if anything looks bad. Haha, I was talking to my friend and her hair was sticking up every kinda way. I didn't even notice... @[email protected]

I think that you need to try to stop worrying about it. If you let them think that you agree that you look strange, then it will be official. You will look strange. But if you show them that you don't care, and that you love how you look, then, most-likely, that will shine through all the other shit and make people see you how you see yourself. I know that the most popular kids in our school have mental dissabilities of some kind, and their faces are kind of weird-looking and their speech is slowed and splurred a bit. But nobody cares. They like who they are, and we like that they like who they are. And we like them too. XD

Moral of this story? It's not that, if you like yourself, you'll randomly become the most popular person your town's ever seen, so don't get that. But maybe if you show that you don't give a damn, and that you like yourself, then they'll change their attitudes.

They probably won't change their opinions of you looking "weird." But it sounds like they see it in a negative light right now. The best we can hope for is that they see it in a positive light.

So I give shitty advise. So what? XD
    -Icy

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Ugly and beautiful are very subjective terms. What I might find as beautiful another might find ugly or even obscene, who knows. The best I can tell you is that when I look at the picture of you in your avatar I see a very pretty young woman. Don't worry about what some catty bitches say about your looks. You know better that it's not true.

Hoosier.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Listen to what Kay and Hoosier said.

People's perception of ugly and beautiful vary from person to person.

BTW, you and your girlfriend look like these two girls that go to my school. o.o You don't happen to live in Florida, do you? XD

5. Sadly, no... Then we could hang out.

6. Ibby

Ibby Guest

I don't know wich one you are in your avatar but neither one of you look ugly so the answer to your question is no.
    Now if you still feel you are ugly then put your picture next to mine and you will suddenly feel like a beauty star.

7. Omega

Omega Ω

In all honesty I think you are stunningly beautiful. In the thread where I asked which girl you were in your avie. I was like oh god please be that one. And you told me which one you were and I was like yes..... I am shocked they would say that you had a "strange face."

so all in all they are wrong. IDC how many people say this to you but, they are blind :D

Hope that helps.

8. Yeah which one are you by the way? I think you are both pretty in your own ways.

9. Omega

Omega Ω

She has the dark hair :D

her gf is the one with the red

10. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

While the term of beauty is indeed subjective, I think only the most twisted of perceptions would find you unattractive. Whoever is telling you that you don't look nice has an utterly bizzare view of beauty.