• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Am I the only one with a PS2?

dXh_is_life

I have PS2, its more fun than xbox in my opinion

compudoc

Registered Member
I have gone threw 3 PS2s the first one I bought at launch date.. broke right when warranty ended. The second someone gave me.. broke 3 months later. The third I bought from a pawn shop (i know i like punishment but I have over 60 games for it) broke after 2 weeks. All stopped reading dvds, then some games, then NO GAMES.. unreliable system for me but some of the best games ever released. One of my favorite titles being FFX. I really wish they would port that to PC lol. Oh well i greatly anticipate a working emulator about 2010. GEEZ

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow, you've had bad luck with yours. I've had mine since XBOX Launch (Yes, bought it on the day XBOX came out instead of an XBOX) and I've never had any trouble at all. I don't play games super often though. It's safe to say it's still in near mint condition, but that's also because I treat my stuff like it's breakable. :D I've heard that PS2's are the worst out of the 3 when it comes to breaking. I hardly move mine though, and that probably helps.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I had to send in my Xbox to get a new dvd drive or something a couple years ago. Haven't had any problems since then though. Never had a problem with my Gamecube either. Gamecubes are definitely the most durable of the three consoles.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've had my PS2 for 2-3 years, and the controller was the only thing that went bad was a controller. The drive makes some noise.. but it still plays games just fine. I also use it as my main dvd player, because I put my DVD player on my 65" widescreen. It's well traveled, too. I think I lucked out on mine. My Gamecube has never had any problem, ever. I play it the least, but it still has shown no age.

konspiracy

I've had my PS2 since shortly after it's launch and I've never had any problems. My friends PS2 has had some disc read errors though.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I have one, or should I say I have a broken one! I had it a little over a year and it broke. I'm not sure if I will get another one. What happened with mine is that the connection where the adapter plugs in doesn't work anymore. It's not the adapter, it's on the system. Maybe sometime I'll fiddle with it.

I didn't know so many others had problems with theirs. :(

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I've got one. In fact, it's my most-used system. Never had any problems with it mostly, except for one small problem with DVD's in which it keeps switching from dark to light, which is only a minor nuisance.

huskerman007

Registered Member
I have one its mainly used for dvds and sports games I would rather play all of the other types of games on the xbox. My ps2 is starting to have problems now it seems to freeze in the middle of my games sometimes lately.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You should try to clean the lens, that seems like that could be a big problem with it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sunrise Video Games 6
PS2freak11223 Introductions 10
dDave Video Games 8
B Video Games 4
J Video Games 7