Am I the only one who misses the Attitude Era?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I loved wrestling back in the days, you know, during the Attitude Era. Better storylines, more violence, cruder language. It was awesome, kinda like a violent soap opera. Even the Entertainment Era was fun to watch. Its almost like wrestling's entered its dark ages with all this PG crapola. :rolleyes: But seriously, am I the only one who misses the attitude era?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No, you're not the only one. I as well miss the Attitude ERA, the writing was so much better back then, so was the product in the ring. You had guys like Austin, The Rock, Kurt Angle.

With all that being said, I've came to reliase that there's no point of complaining about anymore(not saying you are) but it's not going to change anytime soon.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Hi, welcome to the forum. While I loved the Attitude Era and miss some of its livelier elements (read: copious amounts of blood), when I go back and watch my old tapes (and not just the hand-picked matches that WWE puts out on DVD) I'm sometimes embarrassed by the way women were treated and depicted by a testosterone-fueled promoter, cast, and team of writers. Poor Nicole Bass got pushed out onstage crying, just minutes after Owen Hart's public death in the same ring, to play her humiliating role that included getting her scalp bashed open by a Jeff Jarrett 'trick' guitar.

I haven't forgiven Vince McMahon for not stopping that show. But I guess that's another thread.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I miss it for the pure fact that I miss Stone Cold and The Rock. The product was soooo much better back then. The Stunner was and is still my favorite finisher, just like the RKO.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
I think no matter what "era" we may be in, there are always high points in wrestling. Yes the WWE is more PG right now, but that will probably shift as time goes on...and we still have some great performers, some great new talent, and good storylines sometimes still happen. Plus, we still get some attitude via TNA wrestling.

BigBob

Registered Member
If you would've been here long enough, you'd see that I quit watching wrestling ever since the switch to PG.. so no, you're not the only one. As most people here miss it as well.

Unity

Flawless Victory
Staff member
One thing I definitely miss: From week to week, you never knew what was going to happen in the WWF.

Maybe it's because I'm older, but things have gotten more and more predictable. I feel like the WWE needs more "Nexus Attack" like surprises. I'm not saying every week, but come on....try a little more.

PS - This is my 3,000th post. Proud to make it in the Wrestling section! :)

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Congrats Unity :)

You're not the only one my friend. I miss it mainly because of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. I got into wrestling because they were just hella entertaining in the ring.

The Rock with his cocky persona, his constant mockery of any living breathing thing he talked to, his electrifying prescense in and out of the ring, and of course his promos, he is the king of promos.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, for his "I don't give a fuck what you say" attitude, his feuds with countless wrestlers, including The Rock and my favorite Mr Mcmahon, his beer drinking, and his glass shattering performances in and out of the ring, he is the beer drinker among beer drinkers.

Those 2 really made it for me, without them I don't think I'd ever get interested in Wrestling, they were and always be a one in a million wrestlers, or in this case 2 :)

I miss the Attitude Era for two main reasons.

1.) It seemed alot less predictable. I haven't regularly watched wrestling for probably two or three years, but it was so mind-numbingly predictable that I couldn't take it anymore, and based on what I've been told that hasn't changed much.

2.) John Cena wasn't around. He's at least solid in the ring and on the mic, but I have always hated his characters he does, and ever since he became popular, he won't go away. Him always being in the spotlight is the other reason I gladly turned off the WWE.