• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Am I alone?

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
Am I the only one that had the Sega Genesis 2 with the 32X and Sega CD?

PS. If you were wondering... I did get the Saturn but not Dreamcast since Sega lied saying Saturn would be their las console.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't remember them every saying the Saturn was their last console, to be honest.

I have a 32x, Sega CD, and a Genesis 1.

Python

Sssssuper Platinum ******
It was on their "on hold" background music.I heard it when I called for support and tips.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had the original Genesis and I still have the box for it too. :)

It's my second favorite console ever, second to only the N64.

I totally love Sonic games (the oldschool 2d ones).

I also had a Sega Nomad, which was essentially a portable gaming system that played full size Genesis cartridges. That was awesome because you could also hook it up to a TV and play it like a normal Genesis. You could even attach a 2nd controller to it for 2 player games.

RarePD

Registered Member
Wow, and I thought I was the only one who thinks the N64 is the greatest system in history. Introduced the world to 3D gaming? Check. Hands down has at least three of the greatest video games ever developed? (GoldenEye, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64) Check. Introduced the world to multi-player gaming before online components came into frame? Check. The system also has the best wrestling game ever developed. (WWF No Mercy)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, those three games were by far the very best on the N64 and also more innovative than anything since. I am still waiting for a single player first person shooter to come half as close as GoldenEye came to perfection.

I'm still waiting for a Mario game that is actually as challenging and immersive as Mario 64.

I haven't played the latest Zelda game but based on the low hype surrounding it I'm assuming it didn't touch OoT.

But back to the Genesis, did anyone else ever play Dr. Robotnic's Mean Bean Machine? That game was like tetris on steroids and was much more fun because it was multiplayer and you could actually mess up your opponent by doing well yourself.

dDave

V.I.P.
I also loved the Genesis, but the Nintendo 64 was very good. All Rareware games were good, except Banjo and Konker games. Sadly no good Donkey Kong Games Have been released since Donkey Kong 64.

Sonic The Hedgehog was definitely The Sega Genesis's strong point though. They were really smart to put in the "up, down, left, right, A, Start," code off of the starting screen for Sonic The Hedgehog, otherwise I would have never finished the game because it is way too long to finish in one sitting and the Genesis overheats when you leave it on for hours on end.