Alyn McCauley retires to Coach.

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by icegoat63, Sep 2, 2008.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I remember the Nolan/McCauley trade like it was yesterday. He was one of my favorite Leafs at the time and it really frustrated me all to hell. After going to the west coast (ironically closer to me) I sorta lost interest and stopped paying attention to McCauley. Probably about once a year I'd check up on his stats and remember the good ol' days when he was still healthy and wearing the Blue & White sweater.

I dont think of McCauley being a real old player. So naturally its sad to see his Playing career come to an end. However its nice to see he still has enough love for the game left that he wants to go into coaching. Especially since its at a lower level.... I hope to some day in the future hear about him behind the bench of a big league club.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

He was hyped for San Jose, but he was just too hurt to be of any use. Seems to be a sharp guy and his place is probably off the ice.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

McCauley had great talent, and I believe that if he stayed healthy he would of been a great hockey player. It's ashame that he has to retire early do to injuries. He'll surely help the Queens hockey coaching staff.