• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Alternative to iTunes

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm looking for an alternative to iTunes to use on my computer for playing and sorting music. I hate apple with a undeserved passion, but I haven't been able to find something that works as well as iTunes does, as much as I hate to admit that.

So, before I go infecting my new laptop with apple, has anyone got any suggestions on other programs I could use?

Windows Media Player is out...it's god awful.

QuesadillaFace

Registered Member
I'm looking for an alternative to iTunes to use on my computer for playing and sorting music. I hate apple with a undeserved passion, but I haven't been able to find something that works as well as iTunes does, as much as I hate to admit that.

So, before I go infecting my new laptop with apple, has anyone got any suggestions on other programs I could use?

Windows Media Player is out...it's god awful.
I think realplayer may have some sort of music library setup. As to wether its any good or not, I do not know. You could just set up a folder in documents For music to sort?

Why the hate for Itunes?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'd go for Media Monkey. It's not iTunes, it's free, and you really don't give up any functionality. I would use it myself, but I'm perfectly fine with iTunes. (plus my whole library is in Apple lossless format.) the program doesn't freeze on me and I have an iPhone.

Another option is copy trans manager.

optimism

Personally, I use Spotify. You need an account to use it, but you can use your Facebook account. It's free and looks a lot like iTunes, but it isn't Apple.

tailofwoe

foobar2000.

On first look it seems a bit bare bones, but given a bit of work it's incredibly useful.

Low memory footprint, completely customisable layouts, equaliser, plug-ins, media library, inbuilt tag editor etcetc.

Never looked back once I found it.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Personally, I use Spotify. You need an account to use it, but you can use your Facebook account. It's free and looks a lot like iTunes, but it isn't Apple.
Correct me if I am wrong:

1) Spotify cannot be used through computers, as a program.
2) It definitely is not free.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I use Foobar along with a few add ons that allow me to synch my iPod to whenever I please. It completely rids of the need for iTunes for synching.

My foobar2000 is skinned with a pre-built theme too out of combination of laziness and wanting it to look pretty. :p

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I hate the shit out of iTunes. It's so clunky and can have some bad chugging issues. Foobar looks okay, but I'm looking for something with a similar look of iTunes, just better.