Alright, time for a self-initiated intervention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NewGamePlus, Jan 1, 2005.

1. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

Alright, I want to know something, a simple question:

Why is it that no one takes me seriously around here?

The reason why I'm asking is because I feel that I go completely out of my way to be honest to people and to take into account everybody in addition to myself rather than just "my side" or things that serve one particular side at another side's expense, and yet people still accuse me of being biased. Even more disturbing, when it comes to suggestions on how to improve things or any argument whatsoever, people just tend to easily agree with any dumb ass that pops in and sides with the majority (while occasionally inserting a couple of SAT words here and there in their response) instead of looking at all the abundant reasoning that I supply and carefully considering it in detail. I don't understand this. I don't even get enough consideration that is anywhere near proportional to the efforts I make. So what's going on?

Is there an intimidation factor that comes along with my efforts? Is it something to do with the way I say things? Or is the problem in you? Is it just that people don't care about anything really and just want the easiest way out of any conflict, even if it means keeping things exactly the way they are forever and ever and ever and never changing them nomatter what because we fear change so much? What's the deal? Maybe it's a "too-good-to-be-true" syndrome. Maybe my reasoning for things is so good that people can't help but to look for some "catch" because it seems to well laid out and sensical to be true.

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm the only sane one in the house. And I don't mean that as an insult. I just feel like sometimes it feels like I'm trying to argue over here something that's so obvious as the fact that the world is round, but everybody else is chipping and reaching out at every possible excuse they can find to say "no, you're just biased... the world is flat". That's exactly what it feels like.

So what's the deal? What's going on? Talk to me here. I want to know. somebody, anybody.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Try making your posts more readable.

3. NewGamePlus

Well I'm just writing the words as they go through my mind. You could take time and ask questions.

4. Major

I don't have the time nor the patience to spend 10 minutes reading a post that I don't care about or a post that could get the point across more efficiently. Your posts tend to be very repetitive and boring. I can't read any of them that are longer than 3 or 4 sentences.

5. NewGamePlus

So even if they contain very helpful information, you won't read them if you dont care enough?

6. Major

Just noticed you spend an average of 2.5 hours per day at this place. That's 10% of the day. Or if you factor in 10 hours of sleep, it's more like close to 20%.

If I didn't care, it probably wouldn't be very helpful to me.

7. NewGamePlus

Not that it has anything to do with my concern here, but the games are addictive. Plus I often leave my computer on this site while I'm elsewhere doing something else.

But that will change soon.

Well you cant truly decide whether or not you care until you read and understand the content. From the arguments in the other topic, it's clearly apparent that no one seems to understand any of the content I've been saying.

8. Major

Sure dude. It's ok to admit you're addicted to message boards. There are lots of people out there like you, such as Pop Tartlet and her 80,000 ezboard posts.

I'm not surprised that nobody understands what you've been saying about the tournament. It's very NewBrent-esque, the way your thinking is just totally messed up. I have some ideas on what your childhood may have been like but you'd probably rather discuss that on AIM, so hit me up if you'd like to hear them.

9. NewGamePlus

No. That would be a misunderstanding. It's more like I'm addicted to solving people's problems. It doesn't matter where it is, even if it's on a messageboard. I'm just sick and tired of people getting away with acting like assholes and allowing it to affect others.

This is nothing like what Brent does. He tries to push his religious beliefs on everyone else. That is something that HE chooses to believe that he's trying to impose on everybody else.

What I'm doing is completely different. All I've ever done (at PDC or here) is trying to do whatever I can to make the conditions around me to where people don't have to put up with people imposing things upon each other at another's expense. That's why I fought against him so much, because he was bringing up religion on purpose in every single topic, and people for some reason just sat there and put up with it. Same thing with this tournament. The rules are so basic and loose that it lessens the fairness of the competition, and instead of people worrying about people practicing enough to do well in the games, they have to worry about the ADDITIONAL threat of someone getting one score that's higher than them, and using it as an excuse to have an advantage over their competitor. It's all about equality for me. People need to start seeing that. The world would be a much better place if they did.

EDIT:

Let me re-phrase that:

For me, it's all about equality.

[SARCASM]... because lord knows that confusion is the last thing that we all need right now[/SARCASM]

Also,

Really? That's funny because I could have sworn that all my arguments were based on reasoning and the things that people actually said, whereas you seem to be guided by mere assumption about my intent and the way things simply appear to you (exa: using "early score rewards" in some olympic sports to support your position but not making any direct analogies between specific characteristics of those sports and their possible counterparts in this competition)

If I'm not mistaken, I think that reasoning was something that Brent frequently IGNORED time and time again, no?

10. nman77

nman77 Registered Member

Vega, you haven't changed one bit. You are the same worthless trash talker that I first encountered at PDC in April. What is your problem dude, you seem pretty smart, and I've seen you be totally cool many times, but when you get on like this, you're worthless. Come on man, chill, for your own good!