Almost drew on these two punks today...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Jun 23, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I was coming home today from work. I live in a townhouse which faces the street and I park on the street because I live in town, there is no where else to park. Well I had just come home from work and picking up my son from daycare. I had my gun on, open carry in the car. I always strap it back on when I get out of work.

Anyways, I park and as I always do I checked to make sure no one was coming on either side before I opened the door into the road. I don't need some jack ass taking my door off as I open it, or someone robbing me as I open it. I stepped out of the car and went around to the other side and got my lunch pail and laptop bag off the front seat and set it on the sidewalk inside the door, put the seat forward and then went to go unbuckle my son.

Suddenly (I mean in the manner of 2 seconds the following took place) two kids around the age of 13-14 came down the sidewalk riding on bikes too small for them (you know the gangster types). One split from the side walk on to the street, and he sorta flanked the drivers side door to distract me I guess... and the other came up on the side I was on. At this point my back was facing the side walk and I was kind of burried in the car getting my son out. I noticed the one kid on the other side kind of motioning to someone behind me. There was another kid on his bike on the sidewalk behind me. I didn't see him until he was right up on me. Mind you they were on bikes, so they were quick.

I heard the one in the street say "grab his bag". I was on alert instantly, I knew some shit was going down, but didn't know what right away. I turned quickly and faced my back to the car, I didn't grab my gun, just placed my palm over it as a reaction more than anything to protect it. I didn't need who ever was behind me getting a hold of it... well as I turned, the one kid on my side saw it, ducked back onto his bike and was gone... They both bolted rather quickly after I did that. I mean they were GONE.

As they rode off I saw them looking back multiple times... my heart was thumping, but I think I handled it well. Just a show of how quickly something can go awry... even with your radar on.

Also they didn't grab my bag, and even if they did, I'd prolly just trip his bike and take it back. In this case my open carry scared them off enough not to take it. :cute:

That is all...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm all for shoving the kids up a wall to scare them if they did do anything, but thinking about pulling a gun on them was rather extreme. "Kids will be kids" is what I say.

I have my limits. =D

3. pro2A

Maybe you missed this part...

My immediate reaction was to protect my gun as I had said in the post. If they took the bag, I prolly would have tripped his ass and took it back. If he pulled a gun, I would have emptied my mag.... but like I said I didn't know what was going on right away.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Kids will be kids, but when you try to rob someone at any age, I think that goes against that philosophy. And early teens is well old enough to know not to rob someone.

Plus, he never drew his gun. The kid seeing his gun was like a dog showing it's teeth. Just a friendly reminder of what could happen.

Not to mention, Pro had his kid to take care of, too.

pro2A likes this.
  5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

While I've known kids to do really small-time criminal things, I've never known them to try and pinch someone's bag uness they're shitheads who mug people.

Pro, you should have kicked the fucker off his bike. See if you can carry a stick or a tonfa with you to shove in the spokes, that's always hilarious to watch.

6. potterychic

potterychic Registered Member

I'm glad nothing happened to your son, say he was already out of the car. I would have been so pissed if that happened to me. Although im a hot head that carries a knife. LOL kids will be kids, yeah kids that get stabbed. Idiot kids.

7. pro2A

Lol... he was unbuckled but still in the car. So he was good. They would have had to go thru me to get to him anyway as I was standing in the doorway.

Punks... lucky they didn't get shot, if they had a weapon, this story would have ended a lot worse.

8. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Bleh.

If they fit the wangsta/g-unit archetype, it's open season as far as I'm concerned.

pro2A likes this.
  9. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I think you handled it well, Pro. Goes to show what seeing a gun will make these punks run. I get tired of people not respecting other people's property and trying to steal, glad everything ended up ok in this situation.

10. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Yah, I always get a bit nervous when I see that type of person walking down the street. Always worried about them flanking me and grabbing my stuff. Thankfully I've never had anything like that actually happen though. Good job pro, that'll make them think twice about grabbing some bag.