• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Allen And Okur Named As All-Star Replacements

K

Kidd

http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/481/ray_allen/
Ray Allen of the Seattle SuperSonics and Mehmet Okur of the Utah Jazz have been named by NBA Commissioner David Stern as a replacements for injured West All-Stars Allen Iverson (ankle) of the Denver Nuggets and Steve Nash (shoulder) of the Phoenix Suns for the 2007 NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, February 18 in Las Vegas.

Chris Paul of the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets will replace Nash in the Playstation Skills Challenge.
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44701/20070213/allen_and_okur_named_as_all_star_replacements/

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Those are good replacements for Allen Iverson and Steve Nash. I am really happy to see Ray Allen make it because he's one of my favorite players to watch in the NBA. Mehmet Okur deserved to make it aswell because he's having a solid season for the Utah Jazz.

I really wanted to see Steve Nash in the Skills competetion again this year, but Chris Paul is wonderful replacement for him.

B

Black Sheep1

I read that shaq will replace nash in the skills challenge lol

And no zach randolph, dont get me wrong.. Okur is good but zach should of made it before him

B

bballinyao06

I think that these are very good replacements for Nash and Iverson. It's a shame two of the best guards in the league can't participate in the All-Star activities but it's better for them to rest now instead of playing a meaningless game. I wonder if any more players will get replaced (i.e. Kidd) because it seems like a lot of the All Stars this year are getting injured....

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am sure he won't get much playing time(Mehmet Okur) but I guarantee he's happy to make it. He doesnt do anything flashy that will get you off your seat, but he gets the job done.

Scooter

No Longer Pays the Bills
I think Deron Williams should have gotten the nod over Okur.

I think he's more valuable to the Jazz than Mehmet, and his overall numbers are great (2nd in the NBA in assists!).

I think Deron Williams should have gotten the nod over Okur.

I think he's more valuable to the Jazz than Mehmet, and his overall numbers are great (2nd in the NBA in assists!).
Deron Williams will get his turn next year. He has been playing great but it's just that he's unnoticed. Mehmet made some clutch plays in several games. That's why he's one of the replacements.
Ray Allen is still going strong. They're good replacements.