• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

All Your Transportation

Dabs

Registered Member
Out of the many different ways and means we have of transportation, how many have you actually used, to get you from Point A to Point B?

I shall go first. I have used my feet to walk or run, rode a bicycle, a motorcycle, wagon, horse and carriage (in the carriage), and also a horse by itself, rode a train, on a bus, car, truck, helicopter, scooter, riding lawn mower, tractor, 4-wheeler and yes, even a boat!, despite being deathly afraid of water.
I think there are about only 3 things I have never used as transportation. Those being airplane, hang-gliding and hot air balloon!

stripes

Registered Member
Interesting one!

Not necessarily to get from A to B (a couple of these got me from A to A, if they count):

Walking, Running, Bus, Bike, Motorbike, Moped/Scooter, Horse and Carriage, Horse, Train, Car, Truck, Helicopter, Tractor/Plough, Van, Small Boat, Ferry, Plane, Giant Helium Balloon.

I think that's about it...

dDave

V.I.P.
I've used a fair amount of various methods, far from having a completed list though.

-Walking
-Car
-Skate
-Plane
-Boat
-Kayak/canoe/paddleboat
-swimming
-train/subway
-bike
-bus
-horse
-ferry

What I haven't used
-wagon
-motorcycle
-hot air balloon
-helicopter
-scooter/moped
-lawn mower
-tractor
-4 wheeler/ATV
-segway
-rickshaw

That's a fairly complete list though there are always other modes of transportation outside of what is listed above. A lot of methods of transportation just seem really odd to me (lawn mower being one or hot air balloon)

Dabs

Registered Member
I forgot about skates, but I can't even stay up on those, so they would get me no where :) No 4-wheeling dDave? Omg, you haven't lived till you have raced a 4 wheeler across an open field or an old dirt road. They are so much fun!

dDave

V.I.P.
I forgot about skates, but I can't even stay up on those, so they would get me no where :) No 4-wheeling dDave? Omg, you haven't lived till you have raced a 4 wheeler across an open field or an old dirt road. They are so much fun!
Well it looks dangerous and honestly I know tons of people that have what you could call "near death stories" from 4 wheelers. It doesn't look that fun to begin with.

Honestly I'd rather hike a long or impressive course.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
What I have traveled in:
Car - still use
Feet - still use
Skateboard
skates
motorcycle - never again
4 wheeler - still use
plane - still use
bullet train

I want to travel in a:
Delorean
Helicopter
Boat

dDave

V.I.P.
What I have traveled in:
Car - still use
Feet - still use
Skateboard
skates
motorcycle - never again
4 wheeler - still use
plane - still use
bullet train

I want to travel in a:
Delorean
Helicopter
Boat
Man I wish I had a DeLorean, back in the 80's they probably seemed kinda stupid. But nowadays they're still very popular.

Here's why.

If I had one I'd make it look exactly like that (fake flux capacitor and everything)

I see I'm not the only one who thinks motorcycles are stupid and dangerous.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
walking/running
bus
shuttle
cab
metro
TGV (fast train)
burb train
underground train
wait, do all trains count as "train" or do I specify BART, RER, Caltrain, etc. :lol: ok, I'll just say train right now
car
plane
horse carriage
bicycle
swimming
speed boat
sailboat
cruise ship
zipline
medium ferry
paddle boat
jeepney
truck
motorbike
scooter
elevator
escalator
flat moving floor
stroller (prolly when I was a baby haha)
tricyle

I'm curious about helicopter rides. Sounds fantastic.

Impact

V.I.P.
Cool thread idea. I'm sure i'm gonna miss some, but the ones i've done:

walk/run/jog
bicycle
motorcycle
horse
train
bus
car
truck,
scooter
ride-on lawn mower
tractor
4-wheeler
ferry
plane
motorized couch
jetski
gondola lift
chair lift (like at ski fields)

Ones i've always thought would be pretty cool to try are helicopter and hovercraft.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The ones I've used:

- Walking/Brisk Walking/Running/Jogging
- Skateboard
- Bike
- Car
- Roller Blades
- Train
- Plane
- Ferries

Car and Skateboard are my two main means of transport. And like almost everyone else, I've never been in a helicopter either.

Also, Imp what's a motorized couch?