All U Art Fans In Da House

Julie

Registered Member
Sorry, I meant to get on here & post this one for you guys before it ended...but have a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OOAK-Reborn-REA...ryZ84625QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I came across when I was looking at the pulse the other day. I was just in absolute awe at the stunning work on this one. The day it ended, I checked the pulse a few hours before it ended & she was up to the #3 spot on the main page. I didn't get the chance to check it again before it ended to see if she made it to #1 or #2.

But I wanted to share this one with all the art fans on here!;)

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Why would anyone want a life like baby doll?
Apprieciating the art is one thing, but to have a doll that looks and feels just like a real baby would just be too weird for me.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am impressed by the talent it took to create that... but you wouldn't see me bidding on that.. I would not want a fake realistic baby.. Weird sums it up for me too. :-/

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I have followed many of these real looking baby auctions. some of them are just so stinking cute! However I do agree when I saw the first one it was a little creepy to look so real. I personally don't know what one would do with it.

leopard22

Registered Member
Boy, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is way weird. I thought to myself "where did they get the skin from" when they said "real baby skin" and other strange things that brought various news stories to mind hehehe.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to pay so much for one of these dolls, but then I've not been a doll person since I was a little girl. Stuffed animals, yes, but dolls, no.

I can't quite believe that it sold for $1700 plus. I'm obviously in the wrong business :-o

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Everyones opinions on these OOAK's amaze me... I too wouldnt be able to have one of those in my house. Just because people would wonder why the baby never cries or something LOL

I showed just the photos to my husband, he had no idea that it was an eBay auction and he was like awww cute baby and whatta newborn!!! After he was done ooing and ahhing... I told him it was a fake and he was absolutely SHOCKED! And then slightly creeped out as well.

Kudos to the artist for making something so realistic that you could almost swear he was breathing :)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I can think of some perfectly harmless (would depends actually) pranks that it could be used for if only it weren't so darned expensive! :D

Hey you, yes you, catch!

:-/

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
LOL That's pretty funny I never thought of that one.

reminds me of "Kick the baby"! no don't kick the baby.....:shake:

geez can you imagine? prolly give some old lady a heart attack :D