All Time NBA Draft

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Exclusive, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

All Credits go to Wade on this.

Written by Wade and edited by Weezy to fit NBA Draft Format

I'm interested in having an all-time draft. We'll pick 15 man teams from all NBA players. It'll be a snake draft, with a randomly determined draft order. We'll have a vote to see which team is the best, and if anyone has a sim, we can do that too.
    Each person will pick

• 2 point guards
    • 2 shooting guards
    • 2 small forwards
    • 2 power forwards
    • 2 centers
    • 5 extras that won't start.
    I will organize the draft order in any random order and we will draft our players.

The stats of the player are based on career and you can also pick their best season and use that.

You are not allowed to pick more than 3 players of the same positions

If you are late for your pick you will be skipped and be able to pick when you return.

Trades will be allowed at any point in the draft, and you can trade draft picks.

We need a minimum of 6 teams and a maximum of 12 teams.

If there are any rules I forgot, just ask.

Post here if you are interested in participating.

LET THE DRAFT BEGIN!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'm not participating, but I have a few suggestions. You should specify if you guys are going to be using single season stats or career stats (or any other criteria).

Also, instead of pushing someone back if they miss their pick, meaning they're forever stuck being later in the draft, just skip them, and they can make it up (and if it gets back to their turn while they're skipped, they're automatically skipped again).

3. Exclusive

Exclusive Registered Member

Alright I'll edit my post. Thanks Wade.

4. Wade8813

Wow, too bad you haven't gotten any responses. I wonder why that is?

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm defenitely participating in this, but to be honest with you, we don't have many basketball fans here, so I don't know how well this is going to work. But its worth a try.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd participate if it were more of a modern era draft. Seems kind of pointless to draft older players who you've never seen play before based on stats and reputation.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I can handle my own in baseball but I would know nothing for this one. Sorry guys.

8. Wade8813

Drafting old players doesn't seem any more pointless than drafting modern players, IMO. And having more players would mean that more casual people could participate, because they could pick from a larger player pool.

I guess I could participate if you need someone, but I probably won't be as good at picking as some of you are - I really don't know most players. I know a lot of the most famous ones, which might be enough, and there's always research. Yay for the internets!