• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

All Time Fav Wrestling Show

Best TV Show of All Time

• RAW 1997-2001

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • WCW Nitro 1996-1998

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NXT Current

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 205 Live

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smackdown 2002-2004

• ECW 1997-2000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HabsMike25

Registered Member
This should be a very interesting topic to see what show you like the best. You can say Raw from 97-2001 was best or there ie some that will say Nitro from 1996 to 98 was the best. If you talk now it is clearly NXT

EdgeHead

Registered Member
For me, it definitely was Nitro from 1996 to 1998. The Cruiserweight matches were the highlight every week for me. I also love that they mixed the Cruiserweights and the Heavyweights from time to time. I never had the impression of watching the same show every week, like I often have the feeling today with RAW and Smackdown.

HabsMike25

Registered Member
Nitro during 1996-98 was on fire especially the start of NWO & the Cruiserweight division but around md to late1998 wheels started to fall off when Thunder started & NWO expanded. 1999 was brutal. I remember going to Nitro at the ACC on March 29. 1999 where it wasn't that great. To many fillers that night. Only 2 highlights were Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart. If I am not mistaken I remember reading they wanted Bret to go heel in front of his fans. Even before Nitro started fans loudly chanted We Want Bret

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's hard for me to gauge. I loved WWF during that era because there were so many exciting things to watch, and Stone Cold was just on a whole other level. That said, I had more access to WCW back then, and like @EdgeHead I absolutely loved the Cruiserweight division. Every week, they made sure that they stole the show with their matches, and most times they succeeded. Then you had the NWO who was just on fire during that time. I cannot pick, I will just say that it was great being a wrestling fan during those time periods.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Nitro during 1996-98 was on fire especially the start of NWO & the Cruiserweight division but around md to late1998 wheels started to fall off when Thunder started & NWO expanded. 1999 was brutal. I remember going to Nitro at the ACC on March 29. 1999 where it wasn't that great. To many fillers that night. Only 2 highlights were Hulk Hogan & Bret Hart. If I am not mistaken I remember reading they wanted Bret to go heel in front of his fans. Even before Nitro started fans loudly chanted We Want Bret
Eric Bischoff said many times that Thunder was basically existing because he wanted to feature Bret Hart more, which he wasn't doing on Nitro already. Things went haywire for WCW when they split the NWO into the Wolfpac and NWO Hollywood. If rightly booked, the NWO should've imploded when Sting beat Hollywood Hogan at Starrcade. Bret and Sting should've been booked center stage to be responsible for the implosion of the nWo while Hogan, Nash & Savage would've been at each other's throats afterwards.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I went with RAW 1997 to 2001. I wasn't watching wrestling from 1993 to August of 1997 so missed most of the WCW stuff. I did watch a little WCW when I got back into things but RAW was always the king.