All Time Best QB

Discussion in 'NFL' started by StroShow, Sep 26, 2007.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Who do you think is the best Quarterback off all time? And once again why did you chose him instead of others? Some people say it was Joe Montana, Steve Young, Dan Marino, Bart Starr, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning just to name a few. So who's your choice?

2. CMK_Eagle

CMK_Eagle Registered Member

Montana. 4 rings and great numbers.

3. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

Montana. PERIOD.

I loved watching Brett Favre in his prime though, he did some crazy stuff with the football...

I'd go in this order

1. Montana
    2. Favre
    3. Elway
    4. Marino (would be higher if he had got his super bowl ring)
    5. Manning (will be higher than Marino when his career is over)

4. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Probably (in no order)

Montana
    Kelly
    Elway
    Marino
    Aikman

Im not going to say any of the quarterbacks currently in the league since their careers arent over and they have alot football to play.

5. kdawg24

kdawg24 Guest

6. StroShow

Everyone seems to agree that Joe Montana is the best quarterback of all time. I also agree with thaty choice. The things he did on the GRIDIRON is amazing. It seemed that he was to smart for the game itself. He threw the ball at the perfect spot almost every play. We're seeing a good crop of young quarterbacks in the NFL right now in Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Breese but I don't see anyone coming close to the same calliber as Joe Montana. Not even Tom Brady, even though he's been strongly compared to him in the past. In my opinion there's only going to be one Joe Montana.

7. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

I like the Kelly recognition, I didn't want to say him b.c. I didn't want to sound like a homer, but I watched alot of his games, me being a bills fan and all and he had it all. He was the real deal and never got the credit he deserved for winning so many football games b.c. he lost four straight super bowl's so he's labeled as a "loser"

and his stats never really compare too well with Marino and Elway bc alot of people forget that even though Elway, Marino, and Kelly were all from the same draft class, Kelly played his first two season for the Houston Gamblers in the USFL. Also, Jimbo retired in 1996 whereas Elway didn't retire until 1999 and Marino after him (I forget which year exactly)

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to go with Joe Montana as well, he's just a winner, he keeps his composer when he's in trouble. He's been down by some points in a lot of games but was amazing enought to lead his team to victory.

But I have to say Johnny Unitas is a close second, obviosly I haven't seen him play, but I've seen highlights read articles, read books, and what he did on that field was just amazing. He has to be a close second to Montana in my opinion.

9. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

also, I'd like to add a nice sleeper choice in Joe Namath...simply b.c. of the gurantee, the Jets being big underdogs and him guranteeing a super bowl victory and then they just go out and kick ass...that's one of the more memorable moments in NFL history.

10. StroShow

That's the reason why I added jim to my list. That guarantee/performance was amazing. It wasn't because of his career stats because if you look at them they weren't that good. But that was because of his really bad knees. That's the reason he had his career shortened, and it was a shame because he was hell of a quarterback.