All the subforums in the "ShowBiz" section

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Swiftstrike, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Kinda blow. I dont think that many subforums are really necessary.

I mean I hardly post in the section but I never thought it garnered enough activity to require that many sub forums.

Anyways I vote in favor of a more...reasonable change.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I vote for it.

I think it works just fine. Not to mention, it's nice to have specific forums for popular shows like Lost and House. Is it really bothering anyone or is it just confusing you like the wrestling sections do, Swift?

:lol:

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Like I said in the thread in Site News about the new television section, is that we have nothing to lose to try it out, if it works then it was a great idea to add the sub-forums, if we fail, then it was a bad idea. But this is the only way to find how it's going to do. I personally believe it was a good idea.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

As I said in the other one...too many sub forums. Having forums for popular shows isn't a bad idea, but breaking it down into several different genres is annoying. I would rather have "General TV" and then maybe some of the more popular shows, and that is it. It takes too many clicks to even get there.

5. Swiftstrike

The titles in the section are misleading. This is a completely different situation.

I dont mine subforums of popular shows but just group everything together as oppose to making a subforum within a subforum.

6. Merc

If it's all jumbled under one section, then it also becomes harder to moderate since most people do not use the search button in the first place and only go by what's on the first page. Personally, I don't find it taxing to have to click on one more link to get to the section, I'm not paying for internet by the mouseclick or anything.

Like BR said, there's no harm in trying it out so why not?
    ------
    Do you think sub-talk should be one section then?

If you say yes because of activity, then you aren't giving these sections enough time. Also, people are drawn to forums with specific areas and something like this would probably get more members merely because those sub-forums are there.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  7. Swiftstrike

Yeah it doesnt need that many sub-forums...I think it makes the page more cluttered.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

------
    Or, it becomes more difficult because people don't know which Genre to put something into. Then you get multiple threads about the same show in different sections.

That's neither here nor there. I dislike subforums within a subforum and think they're a pain. If the subforum can't be listed on the main page under the section, then I don't think it's needed...and the extra clicks are annoying. Especially if you have a slower connection.

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

In sub-talk's case, you can't forget all the retarded stickies.

10. Merc

So more specificity equals more confusion? I'm not following you here. If you have a forum entitled "Movies" and two sub-forums, one called comedy and one called drama, are you going to have trouble deciding which one Schindler's List falls under?