All Star game...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering what you guys thought of All Star games? Do you think they should cancel every all star game? Do you enjoy watching them?

Personally I love all the all star games in every sports. The skills competetion are awesome especially the Dunk contest in the NBA and the Home Run derby in MLB. It's also puts all the best players on the same stage at once, and it's great for the fans. Some people say that the players don't put 100% because it's not a game that's worth anything, but I would disagree all these athletes are competetive and hate losing, even if it's an all star game.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Well I don't know why but personally im not that big a fan of watching all star games from any sport. I don't know but I guess I just never really got into the whole watching it thing. I don't like the process of voting because the fans just choose so really its the popular guy instead of sometimes the guy that deserves it. But I always find myself watching the NHL all star game because I can not live with myself if there is a hockey game on and I miss it. I just hate it.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I do agree that players don't give 100%. They don't have to. They're basically playing for money with they have a lot of anyways, and they risk getting hurt if they do play hard. That takes a bit out of the game, but then again it's an exhibition game to see who can score more points.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I disagree with some of you guys saying that they don't give 100%, because if the game is on the line players will step it up, like I've mention earlier these players are very competetive, and hate to lose. Dont get me wrong, I know they don't play like they would in a playoff game, but they still put a lot of effort.

For me the all star game is great because you see all the best players in the league playing with each other and against each other which is great to see.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I don't think the players give it their all but they still try hard. They are basically in the game for the fun of it and to showcase that they are some of the best at their sport in the world. Also they do it for the fans. They know the fans love to see the games and they work to impress the fans to a certain degree and they work their butts of to get to be one of the best in the game and then give their little bit back by playing in these kinds of games.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Dunno, mostly I find it frivolous. There's never much chemistry and (especially in the NHL) they don't play defense or physical play. I do like the skills competitions though, they're silly but cool.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
The skills comp are a good way to showcase just how great the skills of the players are in the game but I still would rather see them have a few more season games and skip the all star game because I would rather see an regular season game then an all star game but I agree the skills comp despite how stupid they might seem they are cool to watch.