All read this, Cena=Jeff Hardy.

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Atreyu, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

The reasons why you hate John Cena = bold
    The reasons why you should hate Jeff Hardy instead = italics

"He only has 5 moves"

He literally used 7 different wrestling moves at the Royal Rumble (not including strikes) And the high flying ones were close to being botched.

"His promos are terrible"

His promos are actually terrible, and most of them are just him standing in the ring either nodding or waving his arms around.

"He made Umaga look weak"

So did Jeff. Him being a 220 pound guy makes Umaga look even more weak.

"No matter how bad he is being beaten he comes back and win it"

Apparently John Cena can't be an underdog, but you're fine with Jeff Hardy getting beaten and then coming back to win it (that's how he wins almost every match; get beaten, let the other man carry the match, and then win).

"They push him down our throats"

Jeff Hardy has been number 1 on WWE's Power 25 for months at a time. All he had done was fall from a high stage, turn a handshake into a move, and get distracted during a match when Orton beat up Matt Hardy. He really did nothing, yet he still stayed at number 1 on the Power 25? How is that not pushing him down our throats?

"He always holds the title"

I got nothing here. Jeff Hardy is to pathetic to be able to get a title, let alone people say "he's had it too long".

"He's undeserving"

Jeff Hardy was fired from the WWE for drug use, he then went to the opposition; TNA, where he was also fired for drug use. So how could a person who does so much for the company in John Cena, be more undeserving then a guy who constantly did drugs, and worked for the opposing company?

"He buries people"

[Note: John Cena doesn't bury people. His own charisma, and in-ring work brings the opponent into the feud more so then other people would be able to. John Cena simply puts the person over more then a lot of other people could. Even when he beats them, the other guy still comes out more popular because he was in a great feud.]

I got nothing once again. Mainly because Hardy isn't good enough to get to the main event spot to be able to bury people.

"His matches are boring"

[Note: According to PWI, John Cena had 4 of the best 10 matches of the year. Even being out for 3 months of that year, he still managed to have 4 of the best 10. And if you look at past years, he's had great matches with anyone he's faced.]

Jeff's matches are really squash matches. During his run as IC champ he beat people on the de-push, such as Carlito, Kennedy, Santino, (insert jobber names here). The only reason people like his matches is because he does extreme things. Like jump from 5 feet high and land on his back... And jump from the top rope and do a 180-front flip (which is usually botched). Plus he jumps to the outside of the ring.

[Note: Almost everyone in the WWE jumps to the outside. It isn't a special skill. No reason to praise Hardy when he does it.]

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I read and I disagree. John Cena =/= Jeff Hardy. The same thing can be said about most wrestlers and a lot of those arguments are opinion based.

3. padd

padd Registered Member

7 > 5
    Hardy can move, Cena can't.. what's more boring than an FU.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

jeff hardy with a microphone.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

lol

Ok, he can't have it ALL. I'm willing to sacrifice his mic skills for his in-ring performance.

6. padd

padd Registered Member

you're right, don't laugh vilky.. now let's look at each their taunts. Cena looks like he's masterbating on set.. how fucked up was it when he taunted Lita
    2-1 hardy

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

You have got to be kidding..

You really think taunts mean anything??

Ring Talent-Cena
    Charisma-Cena
    Better attitude- Cena
    Not a druggie-Cena

Risk taking/High flying-Hardy
    Botching Moves-Hardy

See, i can admit Jeff has his high points.

8. padd

padd Registered Member

Ring Talent-Cena (are you sure?)
    Charisma-Cena
    Better attitude- Cena (same shit)

Not a druggie-Cena (not a real category)

9. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Clearly we have a different idea on what In ring Ability is.

I consider in ring ability to be how good they are tehnically, how they can carry a match and do there moves etc.

Just look at Cenas Match Achievements.(based on PWI)

Compare that to jeff Hardys.

Jeff Hardy may have more Match of the Years, but there where mainly high flying matches. Bump fests.

Where as Cenas was an Hour Long. Non gimmick Match.

3 Same shit? whats that meant to mean? Cena represents the company well in interviews, ad to my knowledge, has yet to be suspended for Attitude issues.

4: Not a real category true, But like I said above, Cena represents the company and busisness well, taking drugs and getting suspended= not representing it well.

Millz likes this.
  10. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

Your complaints with Cena is nothing new for one of "Vince's guys" in the WWE, it is the classic face role, they start off the match hot then spend 10-15 min getting the crap kicked out of them just to suddenly get a boost from the crowd and win with a 2-3 move set. If you don't believe it go back and watch some of the Rock when he was on the top. It is just how it goes with face wrestlers.