• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

All about PS2freak11223

PS2freak11223

Hey!!

I am PS2freak11223, and I enjoy making Let's Plays on youtube. So far, my Let's plays have consisted of Wolfenstein 3d, Recoil, Chex quest, Clans, Minecraft, and Sim City 4. In addition to making Let's Plays, I enjoy reading, playing video games, watching tv, and hanging with friends. I hope to have fun, contribute more than just one thread, and get some answers regarding a little-known game called Clans!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi and welcome to GF. I'm not much on games but I'm sure there will be several on here that are. I'm good at watching TV though.

PS2freak11223

Hi and welcome to GF. I'm not much on games but I'm sure there will be several on here that are. I'm good at watching TV though.
Thanks!!! :)

and ahahah I am, too! I probably would be a professional couch potato if other things weren't happening :D

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forum Freak. There's heaps of gamers here, myself included so you should fit right into some of our discussions. There's even another member here who does Let's Play videos.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Cru speaks true. You're gonna fit in just fine here. Welcome to the forum!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
What's Let's Play? Videos of you playing certain games?

Welcome to General Forum!

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
What's Let's Play? Videos of you playing certain games?

Welcome to General Forum!
Best way I can describe video Let's Play comes from the guy who started it off, slowbeef.

Slowbeef said:
This is Player's Commentary. You ever see a DVD where they do Director's Commentary? Well imagine if some jackass who was not involved in the creation of the movie at all just commented on what he thought watching the movie would be like? Well that's kinda like that.
Or you could try the Wikipedia page for Let's Play, that gives another explanation, but it is effectively commenting on video games, be it through voice, subtitles, or a format involving screenshots.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You need to show us the Let's Plays, I'd be interested in seeing how you've made them.

Which reminds me...

PS2freak11223

Welcome to the forum Freak. There's heaps of gamers here, myself included so you should fit right into some of our discussions. There's even another member here who does Let's Play videos.
Thanks!!

and who else does let's plays??? I would looove to watch theirs! :)
------
Best way I can describe video Let's Play comes from the guy who started it off, slowbeef.

Or you could try the Wikipedia page for Let's Play, that gives another explanation, but it is effectively commenting on video games, be it through voice, subtitles, or a format involving screenshots.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. You need to show us the Let's Plays, I'd be interested in seeing how you've made them.

Which reminds me...
So this guy named slowbeef was the first one to do a let's play? Or is he the first one to mention them on this forum?

and thank you! you can go to my youtube site (PS2freak11223 - YouTube) and browse any of the videos that you like. I just finished up this game called Clans (which I had posted on here {I think} about how to move forward with it.. since I was having some trouble..) and will soon start with this other WONDERFUL game called Action 52 (yes.. that one from active enterprises that was made back in 1991 and costs over 300 dollars). sooo yeaaa :D

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
So this guy named slowbeef was the first one to do a let's play? Or is he the first one to mention them on this forum?

and thank you! you can go to my youtube site (PS2freak11223 - YouTube) and browse any of the videos that you like. I just finished up this game called Clans (which I had posted on here {I think} about how to move forward with it.. since I was having some trouble..) and will soon start with this other WONDERFUL game called Action 52 (yes.. that one from active enterprises that was made back in 1991 and costs over 300 dollars). sooo yeaaa :D
Ah, no, slowbeef was probably the first person to do a video Let's Play, over on the SomethingAwful forums, back in 2007. You'd probably know him better as one of the commentators on the Retsupurae YouTube channel.

As for Let's Players, Smelnick does videos of Minecraft, and I'm attempting to do Raven Squad as my first Let's Play (and have received little criticism thus far).

Last edited:

PS2freak11223

Ah, no, slowbeef was probably the first person to do a video Let's Play, over on the SomethingAwful forums, back in 2007. You'd probably know him better as one of the commentators on the Retsupurae YouTube channel.

As for Let's Players, Smelnick does videos of Minecraft, and I'm attempting to do Raven Squad as my first Let's Play (and have received little criticism thus far).
oo... gotcha! I've never really heard of retsupurae either.. since I got into them after watching Kikoskia's Doom 3/Deus Ex/Minecraft LPs in 2010...

and sweet! I should check yours out! I haven't heard of the game, but it sounds interesting :)