Aliens

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Bananas, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

If we are visited by an alien lifeform from a far away distant planet, they are clearly extremely intelligent and light years ahead of us in technology and we are able to communicate with each other and they want to learn more about us as a species as we do them. Would you profess your religious beliefs to them? Would you do so as fact?

2. Daemonic

Daemonic Registered Member

lol, no, that would be the last thing on my mind.

3. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

I would declare aliens to be a fact both in accordance with my religious beliefs and as far as physical evidence. Sure, there are heaps upon loads of bullshit alien related things out there, but I do believe that some of it is genuinely true.

I believe that it's ridiculous to think that there isn't some other kind of life form out there. I believe that they've visited us, and for whatever reason that they might be, I do believe that they've been here, and come here rather frequently. There have been too many sightings and too much evidence to deny it. I think most people don't want to admit it, because they're too afraid to admit that we're not the smartest thing that there is.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I would want to see if they even had any religious beliefs and I would want to discuss the variety of religions on Earth. It would be a mind blowing experience.

5. Bananas

@Hiei: I think you missed the question. Im asking if we were visited by aliens it would be inevitable we would share knowledge, therefore if for example you believe the Earth to be 6000 years old, is this what you would share with the aliens?

like what?

6. Daemonic

Not sure what you are asking for here?

Now that would be interesting, I would be very curious to know if they have any religions or spirituality.

7. Bananas

If communicating with the aliens is the last thing on your mind, what would you be doing instead?

Sonnilion; lol, no, that would be the last thing on my mind.

8. Daemonic

I wasn't talking about the communication part.

I mean telling them my religious or spiritual beliefs in my case would be the last thing on my mind. Communication is something I would be very interested in.

9. Bananas

I do not know your religion but if they asked where did your species come from, would you answer for example "God made us". perhaps tell them the story of our creation with Adam and Eve?

10. Daemonic

I would just tell them I have no idea, and that different people believe we got here in different ways. I would then give them a few examples of how some people think we got here.

My spiritual belief's don't answer how we got here.