Alfonso Soriano

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alfonso Sorinao is having a huge season at the plate and in the field. He's never been considered in the MVP votings. This dude is a 40..40...40 guy which means he has over 40 homeruns, over 40 stolen bases and over 40 doubles which is un-heard of. Plus he leads the national league in outfield assist for a first time outfielder. I don't think he shoud win it because his team sucks but he should atleast be considered with Ryan Howard and Albert Pujols. What do you guys think?

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
Yea I was watching sportcenter and they were talking about this, basically if the Nationals were a post season team Alfonso would have the MVP over Puljos and Howard no contest, unfortunatlly thats not the case. But 40-40-40 is an amazing accomplishment.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Fresh said:
Yea I was watching sportcenter and they were talking about this, basically if the Nationals were a post season team Alfonso would have the MVP over Puljos and Howard no contest, unfortunatlly thats not the case. But 40-40-40 is an amazing accomplishment.

I don't think saying he would win it "no contest" is all that accurate. Let's look at all of his numbers compared to Pujols.

Pujols = .329BA 167 Hits 46 HR 31 2B .429 OBP .665 SLG

Soriano = .285BA 179 Hits 46 HR 41 2B .357 OBP .576 SLG

Hoosier.