Alex Tew's MillionDollarHomePage 2: Pixelotto

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Anybody else get the email from Alex Tew just now?

I just reserved the very first spot on the top left of his new homepage. :D

The site is not up yet but the domain is Pixelotto

Updated 12/01/06: Here is a nice article on TechCrunch with a nice array of opinions:

Techcrunch » Blog Archive » Million Dollar Homepage Becomes Multi-Million Dollar Homepage

2. Melos

Melos Registered Member

Another great idea - and probably more appealing to the masses.

3. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Hadn't seen that email. I might have to check it out though. Looks to be intriguing.

4. webmaster7

webmaster7 New Member

I've dugg your article at Digg, and I hope you get some great traffic.

There isn't much info about Pixelotto, so I'm gathering all available info (screenshots, letters, links, etc) in one new site (check my signature)

Now let me check the rest of the forum. Seems to have lots of good information!

5. Mirage

Thanks webmaster7. :) Did you buy any spots on the new site?

6. webmaster7

webmaster7 New Member

No :) Even if the return of investiment for MDHP was good, I think this is getting too expensive. I can make more money through other venues :)

First spot, heh? Really nice find! Lets see what will happen next.
    Even if the project isn't really unique, with his newfound fame, and his publicist, I think this will work again. Even if not with the same success, it will be successful anyhow. So many closed door sales, in a few hours...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  7. Mirage

I think everybody who gets in early on this one is bound to get great traffic from the getgo. I would highly suggest buying a spot. For $200 and a creative 10x10 image, you can get far more advertising than you would on a standard website. :)

8. orangeanorak

orangeanorak New Member

How do we know this is not a scam

9. Mirage

How could it possibly be a scam? Didn't you hear about the original million dollar homepage?

10. phraxman

phraxman New Member

Hey, I don’t belive this! I’ve just set up two sites, both working around this concept!
    The first one is www .cashcells . co.uk: This site offers the user clicking on the adverts the chance to win $$$, the total size of the prize is directly related to the number of adverts.
    The second site is www .microlotto . co .uk: This site gives the advertiser who buys a square the chance to win in a sort of ‘cell lottery’ set up. Check em out!