Alex Smith

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Shaun Hill was playing terrible so the 49'ers stuck former #1 pick from Utah, Alex Smith, back into the starters role and he preceeded to throw for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns and got San Fran back in the game.

So I ask you...

Is this a one time thing or is the kid finally going to live up to the hype?

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

SF is playing a good Colts defense next week. Maybe he can keep up his performance from this week if Gore can get a nice running game going.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

You can't really judge him on one game, yes this game was amazing and it seems like him and Vernon Davis had good chemistry. But only time will tell if he can maintain this high level of play.

He will have some difficulty against the Colts next week that's for certain.

With that being said Hill better not be the starter next week.

4. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Smith won't be that good every week, but he'll keep them in next weeks game (with a lot of help from Gore) and help the 49ers finish second in the division. Ha.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I never really thought Alex Smith was as bad as people made him out to be. I thought he needed to ride the bench for a while and do some learning before he would be a viable starter. He just wasn't a Ryan or Flacco that can some in and start. He's more of a Henne who needs to learn the ropes before being thrown to the wolves. I'm glad he's getting another shot.

6. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Alex Smith has always had the potential to go big. We've seen games like this before from him. He can be a VERY good quaterback, the question is, can he keep up the pace this time? It'll be interesting to see if he's matured enough to handle adversity now.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Testicalverde could've thrown for 3 TDs against a Houston Defense.

If he can do it against the Colts, I'll be impressed.

8. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

But he really couldn't do it against ANYBODY before this week...so its worth mentioning because we've never seen this before.

But yeah, real test is against Indy. Even if he has a bad game against them I wouldnt freak out.

9. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Peyton Manning and the rest of the Colts will fuck with him all day long but outside of that maybe the 49ers can get a wildcard playoff spot at the most.