• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss AlcoPops

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Back in the late 90's early 00's here in the UK the market was flooded with something called AlcoPops, the idea being very sugary alcoholic drinks, they got into a little bit of trouble because it was felt that they were being marketed towards underage drinkers due to the taste of the drinks and that you couldn't taste the booze.

One that really started it was a brand named Hooch which did very well and it went on to make include WKD, Smirnoff Ice and many many more. What I am interested in though is were they big out of the UK? Did you see them growing up at all and did you drink them?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
At first I was going to say I have never heard of them so I looked it up. If what you are talking about is the same thing we still have them around. I have bought wine coolers a few times or Bacardi Breezer or something like that a couple of times. I'm pretty much a red wine person and I haven't even had any of that in a while.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcopop

Last edited: