Alcohol - Favourites

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Impact, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

What are your favourites:

Beer:
    Wine:
    Spirit:
    Liqueur:
    Cocktail:

Mine....

Beer: Newcastle Brown although I can't get it here :( For cheap beer I go with a local one: Tui Blonde, and when I feel like spending a bit more I go with Sol.
    Wine: So long as it is white i'm really not fussed.
    Spirit: I go through stages of it being Jim Beam Bourbon or 42 Below Vodka
    Liqueur: Kahlua. I absolutely adore Kahlua.
    Cocktail: Love Junk - Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Malibu and Apple Juice.

EDIT: I feel I should add favourite cocktail into here. Remember to list the ingredients, not all of us are alcoholics and know what is in them

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    Major likes this.

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

Beer: I like a few actually, Newcastle brown is amoung them as well as Guinnes.

Lagers: I like Stella and Fosters but can only stomache four or five pints of either before feeling bloated.

Wine: No, nope, not ever, just dont like the stuff.

Spirits: Jack Daniels is my all time favourite spirit, I normally have a bottle in stock and have a Bottle of single barrel JD that I have not yet opened, it has sat in the cupboard for around 10 years now.

Captain Morgans dark rum is another favourite although if I have the choice I go with JD, and just recently I have become of Wild Turkey.

Liqueur: Again not a big fan, have never found one that I like really but I keep trying.

The only things I wont drink now is cider and any clear spirit, like Vodka, as it has a nasty effect on me.

3. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

Beer: I like a few different beers. But my favourite is Corona. However, since it's pretty expensive here in Canada, I tend to drink MGD (Miller Genuine Draft) but it's gotta be warm.
    Wine: Only wine I've really liked was PretzelCorps dad's homemade stuff. Went good with 7up.
    Spirit: Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum. nuff said.
    Liqueur:Disarrono Ameretto. Yummy Yummy Stuff. It's like drinking candy from a bottle. AND you get drunk!

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Beer: My favorite beers that I can regularly find around here are Newcastle Brown and Goose Island Honkers Ale. There are a lot of craft beers that I've had that are amazing too.

Wine: I'm not really much of a wine drinker. I like dry white wines and I love champagne. I don't care for red wine at all.

Spirit: I'm a vodka guy. So many good mixed drinks you can make with it. My vodka of choice is Svedka. For the value I think it's the best vodka in my price range. Rum is good too. I like either Captain Morgan or Bacardi Silver.

Liqueur: Definitely Kahlua. Great either by itself or in White Russians.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Beer:
    - Lager: Samuel Adams Winter Lager
    - Ale/IPA: Sierra Nevada
    - Other: Guinness Stout
    Wine: cabernet sauvignon
    Spirit: Johnny Walker, red label. I haven't had a more expensive scotch yet so this is the best of the best for me at the moment.
    Liqueur: Kahlua is pretty good. I like it in coffee or in white/black russians.

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Beer: I haven't really tasted enough to say. I don't drink beer much at all.
    Wine: Rosé wine is yuuuum. Especially as a spritzer, but on it's own is good too. My favourite is Blossom hill white zinfandel.
    Spirit: I drink a lot of vodka (relatively, I mean :lol:) and I'll have it with pretty much anything. Cranberry juice or Vimto is probably the nicest mixer for it I think.
    Liqueur: I like Baileys but only in small quantities.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Beer: Bud Lime.

I discovered it a while back and fell in love. Prior to it the only beer I'd drink was Molson Canadian. But when I had my first taste of Bud Lime I fell in love. Also on the other side, its cheaper than Molson! So thats even better :hah:

Wine: Barbarossa

I was cooking one night, making italian something. And so I ventured into the wine aisle at the grocery store and spotted a few wines that caught my eye. The intent was to use a red wine to compliment the Tomato sauce I was using by giving a hint of it in the recipe. Normally I dont care for wine at all, but I snagged up a bottle of the CSU-F Winery "Barbarossa" and I loved it.

Spirit: White Rum

I know the definition of "spirit" is iffy when it comes to Rum... but hey, there are some parts of the world (Brazil) that consider Rum to be a spirit :hah:

Liqueur: Baileys Irish

Always loved Baileys and Coffee, I honestly dont think there is a more comfortable "leisure" drink out there.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Beer: Awful stuff. Never touch it.
    Wine: Any sweet white wine.
    Spirit: Vodka mixed with lemonade, orange or coke.
    Liqueur: Don't touch this either!

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Beer: any kind. i love it. especially "Stella" made in Albania.
    Wine: red wine, only.
    Spirit: White Russian(made of vodka, coffee liqueur and cream)
    Liqueur: none

@smelnick: how much expensive is Corona in Canada?

10. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Beer - Er I try and stay away from it after the great disaster of 2008....

Wine - I love wine... my favourite White is Pinot Gricio and I love Merlot as my red and also White Zinfandel yummy :D

Spirit - It has to be Vodka...more specifically Absolut :D (Growing quite fond of the citrus one mmmmm)

Liqueur - Er....Bailey's I guess....although I like Kahlua.....Ooooh and Apple Sours