Album Covers

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kazmarov, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Are there any album covers that just strike you as moving, profound, or generally awesome?

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Everything about this I love- the fantastical three-headed animal in a bizarre color, the little details like flowers in the antlers, the very aboriginal line art that paints the background. It's complex, confusing, and ultimately epic- very fitting given the content of the album.

[​IMG]

telepopmusik- Angel Milk

telepopmusik has always been eclectic, cerebral and new age. Thus the sheer absurdity of tje cover strikes me as fulfilling and appropriate. It also seems to hearken to the band's French origins, as a country known for the strange and enthralling.

[​IMG]

Mason likes this.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I like Alanis' Best Of CD Cover. The words around it are song titles and other inserted words that are neither part of the song title nor the lyrics. The message is often in the same theme of her album. And it's really simple yet artistic.

[​IMG]

Most of Santana's CDs have great artwork for the cover too. You often just don't look at it and move on. It makes you want to explore the picture in detail and notice small things here and there. An example:

[​IMG]

And this one (Beatles' Abbey Road), probably one of the most famous covers out there. It's really nothing profound yet people remember it and even copy it a lot:

[​IMG]

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

The good:

[​IMG]

The bad:

[​IMG]

And the ugly:

[​IMG]

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I love the Abbey Roda album cover, I have a t-shirt with that image on there it's sick.

I really like this one:

[​IMG]

5. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

I think the album cover for Journey's Greatest Hits is pretty [email protected]:
    [​IMG]

~Shwa

6. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Blue Oyster Cult have a few awesome album covers:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

another one i love is King Crimson's 'In The Court of The Crimson King'
    [​IMG]

They're the kind of images that stick with you.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think Pink Floyd has a couple of the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

Led Zeppelin III - Led Zeppelin
    led_zep_3.jpg
    Don't Look Back - Boston
    dont look back.jpg
    The album sleeve has schematics for the spaceship guitar which i find pretty awesome.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

The Mastodon one has always sorta sat in the same category as Diecast "Internal Revolution":

[​IMG]

The other one I really like is just the imagery that goes on in this one:

[​IMG]

The original photographer did a great job on this one, the placement and everything and then the Photo Shopping all really adds to what I've considered one of my favorite Album covers in my whole collection.

If you wanna get into really really weird ones, look no further than Elton John:

[​IMG]

10. ubernube

ubernube Registered Member

i really like kanye wests 808's and heartbreak album cover. its simple yet attractive