• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

al-Shabab attacks university in Kenya, students killed.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
BBC said:
Gunmen from the militant Islamist group al-Shabab have killed at least 15 people and taken students hostage at a university in north-eastern Kenya.

Reports say 65 others were wounded when gunmen stormed the campus in Garissa. Troops are engaging the gunmen.

More than 500 students were still unaccounted for, a government minister said.
Kenya Garissa students 'taken hostage' by al-Shabab

This is the same bunch that attacked the Westgate shopping center in Nairobi. Its looking to be a repeat of what happened there. This is the same bunch that called for attacks on US and Canadian malls.

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(Reuters) - The death toll in an assault by Somali militants on a Kenyan university is likely to climb above 147, a government source and media said on Friday, with local residents furious over the government's failure to prevent the bloodshed.
Kenya university death toll seen rising; anger over security failures

I heard on TV this morning the death toll is already at 157. That's much more than Westgate. I don't blame people being mad at authorities since they were warned this attack could take place. Yet they only had two cops at the university. The terrorists took them out immediately.

The crime scene sounds like a bloody mess. The terrorists were killing people based on how they were dressed, Muslim and non Muslim. I've been hearing on TV they were killing mostly Christians. If I'm not mistaken Kenya is mostly Christian.

I feel so sorry for all those people. The survivors are going to have a horrible time dealing with this.

Laughing Somali gunmen taunted victims in university massacre