• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Al Qaeda apologizes for attack

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Al Qaeda: We're sorry about Yemen hospital attack - CNN.com

It is so odd to see a terrorist group apologizing for an attack. What had happened was the terrorists were instructed not to attack the nearby hospital or mosque. One of them made a mistake and attacked a hospital. This may be the first time I can recall any terrorist group apologizing and accepting responsibility for attacking an unintended target.

Qassim Al-Raim said:
"We confess to this mistake and fault. We offer our apologies and condolences to the families of the victims," Raimi said in the video, which was published by al Qaeda media outlet Al-Malahim. "We did not want your lost ones; we did not target them on purpose. This is not of our religion or our morals."

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to wonder if they are really worried about killing Muslims or Muslims turning against them. They called this a mistake, how do you mistake a hospital for a Defense Ministry compound. I'm sure compensation to the families is going to make everything alright.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are desperate for support in Muslim nations so apologizing, I assume, is a way to make sure those countries don't turn on them

Still weird to read regardless though