• NL - Eric Byrnes (ARI)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

natnsoxfan

Who do you guys think wins the MVP in each league? I've got my money on A-Rod and Chipper Jones.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alex Rodriguez is going to win it for the American League, if he doesn't then that will be a complete shocker, he's been the best player in that league since day one.

In the National League it's a little tougher but I am going to with Prince Fielder. He's the best player on that team, and he's one of the biggest reason why they're one of the top teams in the NL Central. A lot of analyst have said that Chase Utley should win it, I disagree, he's having a good season, but the Phillies aren't doing that well for him to win it.

N

natnsoxfan

I think Magglio is more deserving in the AL because he isn't surrounded by All-Stars like Jeter, Cano, Abreu, Matsui, Posada, and so on. Plus hes carried his team more and his team has been in it from the start. I voted A-Rod because I think he will get it, not neccesarily because I think he deserves it. Its the Most VALUABLE Player, not Best Player award.

I was back and forth between Jones and Fielder but I ultimately settled on Jones because Andruw has been down this year, and so has McCann, and basically everyone else in the lineup except Renteria, Tex' has been great since getting there but hes only been there for 3 weeks. Whereas, JJ Hardy has also been having a great season, especially early in the season, Estrada, Braun has been a monster in that lineup, you could make a case for him as NL MVP, Bill Hall, when healthy, and Corey Hart.

A

AbsolutKazakh

It really doesn't matter, no matter how many votes you give another player in the AL, A-Rod always comes up with it. It's flawed like the electoral college.

R

rockiesfan4ever

A-Rod and Fielder

1st we discuss A-rod. Well who wouldn't pick him? he has 100+ RBI 30+ HR and is helping bring a NYY team that was 14 1/2 GB in their division and tied with TAMPA BAY into contention.

2nd is Fielder. He basically took the Brewers on his shoulders, along with Bruan, and has carried them this season. MVP is the Most Valuable PLayer not only to the league but HIS TEAM. Where woul dthe Brew Crew be without The Prince right now?

E

Edgartohof

I think Magglio is more deserving in the AL because he isn't surrounded by All-Stars like Jeter, Cano, Abreu, Matsui, Posada, and so on. Plus hes carried his team more and his team has been in it from the start. I voted A-Rod because I think he will get it, not neccesarily because I think he deserves it. Its the Most VALUABLE Player, not Best Player award.
</p>

Umm...have you actually SEEN the Tigers' lineup? It may not quite be up to par with the Yankee's, but it's not exactly Devil Ray's material.Ordonez: .352 BA, 169 OPS+Placido Polanco: .340 BAGuillen: .305 BA, 133 OPS+Granderson: 19 triples, 16 HR, 127 OPS+ (2nd best defensive outfielder in the game right now!)Gary Sheffield: 24 HR's, 132 OPS+His team OPS+ is 112 - not too shabby.Either way, A-rod both deserves the award, and he wil WIN the award.

N

natnsoxfan

Sheff hasn't been in the lineup consistently for a while now. I see your point, I just don't agree with it, I still think Magglio is more deserving that A-Rod. If you look back, A-Rod was in somewhat of a cold streak when the Yankees started heating up and getting back into the race, he's getting back on his horse now, but Magglio hasn't had a prolonged cold streak all season.

T

TBT

My picks would be A-Rod and Chipper Jones (A-rod and Fielder will probably win it). Good arguments can be made for M. Cabrera and Ordonez though. Oh, and Edgartohof, I would like to hear your case for Fielder because I usually agree with you but not in this case.

Vegito728

Registered Member
A-rod's numbers are way to good to not win the AL MVP. In the NL I'm going with Chipper Jones as of now. His team has a chance to make the playoffs and his numbers are very good but like TBT said Fielder will probably win it..