Akira?

Vegito728

Registered Member
Who here saw this movie and what did you think? Myself thought the movie was okay. I didn't think it was as good as everybody thought it was. I was excited to see it but greatly dissappointed. I read the manga to it and liked it much more then the movie.

M

Masakado

It wasn't the greatest, but it was definitely a classic! The first time I watched it, I was like whoa... awesome.

Freaky old looking kids with crazy psycho powers... that's the stuff man. Tetsuo and Akira battle is awesome, that laser kicks some major arse.

S

shakujou

Well, when someone says this was revolutionary a few decades ago, you've got to keep in mind that what's on the market today has probably already surpassed what was once revolutionary. Keeping this in mind, I thought it was great, and wasn't the least bit disappointed. I thought the animation was particularily modern looking considering the time it was made. The lighting effects were crazy too, very enjoyable.

Like I said, it was revolutionary, a decade or two ago.

A

acidmix

I've always liked this movie it is a classic and always will be. I know it had to be one of the first anime to ever be advertised as a japanese animation. I still remember the commercial for it back when they where trying to sale it on vhs tape way back before they ever cleaned up and remastered the movie.