Akira?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Vegito728, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Who here saw this movie and what did you think? Myself thought the movie was okay. I didn't think it was as good as everybody thought it was. I was excited to see it but greatly dissappointed. I read the manga to it and liked it much more then the movie.

2. Masakado

Masakado Guest

It wasn't the greatest, but it was definitely a classic! The first time I watched it, I was like whoa... awesome.

Freaky old looking kids with crazy psycho powers... that's the stuff man. Tetsuo and Akira battle is awesome, that laser kicks some major arse.

3. shakujou

shakujou Guest

Well, when someone says this was revolutionary a few decades ago, you've got to keep in mind that what's on the market today has probably already surpassed what was once revolutionary. Keeping this in mind, I thought it was great, and wasn't the least bit disappointed. I thought the animation was particularily modern looking considering the time it was made. The lighting effects were crazy too, very enjoyable.

Like I said, it was revolutionary, a decade or two ago.

4. acidmix

acidmix Guest

I've always liked this movie it is a classic and always will be. I know it had to be one of the first anime to ever be advertised as a japanese animation. I still remember the commercial for it back when they where trying to sale it on vhs tape way back before they ever cleaned up and remastered the movie.