• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Akira Live Action Movie!

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Wasn't a big fan of the anime but I would still see this. As long as it isn't Uwe Boll...

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Never saw the anime. I hardly have seen any older animes but reading what it was about at ANN didnt seem to interest me either.

Probably the live-action movie should have been made ages ago.

Besides most live action movies of animes well suck.

Hanzo_Hattori

For the Horde!
Bad,from what I seen in AMV's mind control *WTF* and Psychic stuff it would be rated M 18+ or maybe banned from what I heard from a friend with movies like these o_O

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
I as a policy dont like live action anime movies... the only one the only one I was ever interested in is NGE

Vegito728

Registered Member
I thought the movie was good, I liked the manga more. I don't think they should make a live action movie because it will more then likely suck.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
I as a policy dont like live action anime movies... the only one the only one I was ever interested in is NGE

Ditto to that. And thats been in development or on hiatus forever...

Shwa

V.I.P.
Akira was originally a manga that moved to the movie (although I've only heard of the movie and watched it first too). Having a live action film made from it sounds kind of dum since the movie was awarded many awards when it came out. A live action film would ruin its reputation by sucking, kind of like they did with Sailor Moon.

~Shwa'

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
Ditto to that. And thats been in development or on hiatus forever...
Yea NGE sounded good because in that anime the only thing ficticious is the giant mech suits which if transformers is any sign with CGI they could do amazingly with NGE

Iris

rainbow 11!
That's AWESOME. I loved the movie. I'm STOKED.