Akira Live Action Movie!

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Pugz, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

2. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Wasn't a big fan of the anime but I would still see this. As long as it isn't Uwe Boll...

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Never saw the anime. I hardly have seen any older animes but reading what it was about at ANN didnt seem to interest me either.

Probably the live-action movie should have been made ages ago.

Besides most live action movies of animes well suck.

4. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

Bad,from what I seen in AMV's mind control *WTF* and Psychic stuff it would be rated M 18+ or maybe banned from what I heard from a friend with movies like these o_O

5. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

I as a policy dont like live action anime movies... the only one the only one I was ever interested in is NGE

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I thought the movie was good, I liked the manga more. I don't think they should make a live action movie because it will more then likely suck.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Ditto to that. And thats been in development or on hiatus forever...

8. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Akira was originally a manga that moved to the movie (although I've only heard of the movie and watched it first too). Having a live action film made from it sounds kind of dum since the movie was awarded many awards when it came out. A live action film would ruin its reputation by sucking, kind of like they did with Sailor Moon.

~Shwa'

9. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Yea NGE sounded good because in that anime the only thing ficticious is the giant mech suits which if transformers is any sign with CGI they could do amazingly with NGE

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That's AWESOME. I loved the movie. I'm STOKED.